Chapter 5: Y/n's Rasengan! Y/n vs Mitsuri!

Jiraiya handed me a water balloon, and told me to swirl my chakra in it.

"And don't use any water jutsu, or you're cheating yourself."

I nodded, and did it with little difficulty. I made my chakra go faster and faster until the balloon popped, and he handed me a ball. I did it again, with a little bit more resistance, and he grinned.

"My, my, my. We got a little prodigy here, don't we."

"How's the summoning with Naruto going."

"Surprisingly well all things considered. Now, since you can do that, follow what I do."

I nodded, and did as he said. I closed my eyes and focused, until I felt my chakra revolving in my hand.

"Good job, kid! You learn insanely fast!"

I focused even further, and tried throwing in water. We are near a pond, anyway.  I felt the water get pulled in, and opened my eyes. The rasengan shrank, and disappeared, before a ball of swirling water appeared and expanded in my hand.

I looked in surprise, only to be surprised as the extremely pressurized water started slashing my palm. I shouted and threw it out of my hand, and watched as it impacted a tree, slicing it to shreds.

"Woah, maybe don't do.....that, anymore kid."

"My thoughts exactly."

"I think you may have just made a forbidden jutsu, my friend."

"I think that's gonna be the Rasentsunami. Maybe if I can control it more, it'll be less razor like."

"I think it's a good last resort, to catch the enemy off guard if the rasengan doesn't work."

"Or....."
_________________________________________

The day is here. I didn't pay attention to any of the fights, except Naruto's. He did really well. I'm proud of him. It's finally my turn, and I'm ready.

"Y/n L/n, Mitsuri Kanroji, please come down!"

I went in, and faced down the girl. She grinned when she saw me, and waved. I waved back, and she got a dark look in her eyes. She's been with Shinobu alone for too long.

"Begin!"

"I won't go easy on you, Y/n."

"I see. Then I've got no reason to restrain myself either."

"Pardon?"

I held my hand out, and everyone watched in surprise as they could visibly see the chakra swirling in my hand, until it turned waterlike.

"What kind of jutsu is that? It looked like lord fourth's!"

I grit my teeth in pain, as the razor sharp water started coming out, and slicing my palm.

"Y-y/n, what are you doing!?"

I smirked, and threw the attack, that whizzed past her. Her eyes widened in fear, and I clenched my bloody fist. The wall behind her was torn to shreds, and the ground on the path had slices in it.

"Where did he learn a jutsu like that!?"

"I made it."

I held out my hand, and formed a regular rasengan. That bluff should have her concerned. I charged forwards, and she yelped and jumped away. I threw it behind her, forcing her to stop.
_________________________________________

Why would he use that jutsu again!? If he does it a third time, I'll have to forfeit to prevent him from hurting himself! I never believed he would go to this extent to win!

He threw the attack behind me, and I stopped myself. Then I looked back, only to find he was gone. I looked up, and found him in the air. That form, is that-!?

"Butterfly Dance-Caprice!"

I blocked with my blade, and when he landed, he spun and hit my ankle, knocking me off balance. I wrapped my sword around his ankle and threw him up, only for him to do handsigns, and form the last one.

"Water Dragon Jutsu!"

Is he able to use water style of that level with no water sources nearby already!? No, he's bluffing. My train of thought was interrupted by me getting swept up in water and pulled into air. I was falling back, and prepared to catch myself.

Then, Y/n crashed into the ground using that jutsu to push himself, and made the scariest face I've seen from him.

"I apologise Mitsuri. I'm not giving you the chance to come back and win here! RASENGAN!!"

I watched with wide eyes as he hit me in the side with a swirling ball of chakra. I was sent into a tailspin directly into the wall, unable to move.

"You really are amazing. When did you get able to do water jutsu like that with no water?"

"There was water. I soaked the ground and wall with my first jutsu, and used it to make a water dragon."

"Oh..."

"Good luck next year, Mitsuri. I'll cheer you on as a Jonin!"

I grinned and he walked over and hugged me. I may have lost this fight, but I'm winning another one. I stuck my tongue out at Shinobu who was watching, whose eye twitched violently, despite the ever present smile, which is way smaller than usual.