Chapter 7: What is this, Power Rangers?

Naruto blew up Gaara with an explosive tag, and I hit him with a projectile Rasentsunami. I kept the chakra there, soaking his sand and slashing his back, making him scream in pain.

I charged and landed an Aquasengan, before absorbing the sand and throwing it away, returning it to water.

Naruto caught onto my plan, and started distracting Gaara, while I used various jutsu to get rid of the sand.

"Naruto!"

"Yeah!?"

"Get back, hurry!"

He nodded and backed away from Gaara, who spun and faced me, covered with even more sand than before. This is my chance to get rid of all that sand, in one move.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!!"

I used all of the water from every jutsu I used before, and formed a massive water dragon that crashed into him, blowing most of the sand off.

"Water Style: Water Chains!"

The water shifted and changed, turning into chains that held him to the tree branch. He started struggling heavily, until he looked up, and got wide eyes.

"Insect Breathing, Butterfly Dance Caprice."

I landed on the branch behind him, and heard the sound of Gaara screaming, before sheathing my sword. I looked over my shoulder at the bleeding genin, and scoffed to myself. All of that sand and shit, and still no real challenge.

"Thanks, Naruto."

"Anytime, Y/n! At least you know you're not better than needing help. Unlike someone else I know."

"Naruto."

"Hm?"

"Sasuke'll get used to being in a team eventually. I mean c'mon, you guys got through the mist village fiasco, right?"

Naruto nodded with a grin, only for me to notice sand was covering Gaara super fast, until he was a giant sandy raccoon with Gaara sticking out of its face.

"What the hell is that?"

"I know! Summoning Jutsu!!"

I covered my face when the burst of smoke happened, and saw a giant frog when it cleared up.

"Yo, Naruto. Who is this scrawny puke?"

".....I'm more muscular than Naruto is though."

Naruto got on the giant frog, and they started fighting Gaara. This looks like your stereotypical, villain gets defeated, villain gets massive power up while guard is down and goes huge, hero goes huge too, and villain explodes after dying from being cut type of situation.

"......I have nothing to do with this."

I started heading back to the leaf, only for a familiar female to come into view.

"Y/n! What are you doing, we need to get back there!"

"There's nothing we can do, Shinobu."

"Stop making excuses, there's two of us now."

We stopped in front of each other, arguing about it. She tried to go anyway, but I put her into the ultimate martial arts hold.

"....Y/n, if you let me go now, I swear I won't be mad."

"Can't do that."

"Grr, lemme go!"

She started trying to break out of my grip, and I used my secret technique to stop her.

"...."

"...."

"...."

"I'm gonna cut that fucking hand off when I get out this."

"Bad Shinobu! I'll do it again if you don't stop."

Why do I feel like she's grinning right now? She started moving even more, and I sighed.

"Uh oh, looks like you'll have to do it again, but even harder~"

I sighed and let the girl go.

"Okay, now let's go."

Then it hit me, the absolute best way to keep her from going towards Naruto's fight with Gaara. I'm a genius, I know.

"Er, Y/n-kun?"

"Y/nnnn, you okay there?"

"Hello, Konoha to Y/n!"

"Oi! Y/n, are you o-mpff!!"

Mitsuri's gonna kill me, and Shinobu might actually kill me, but it's better than her getting herself killed off trying to get into a fight she can't win