Chapter I - A perfect person, unperfect day

Heya! 

You might know me from 'The day I met you' (My first story go check it out lol), or you could not know me at all! But that's not to worry, cuz you're just here to read! xD

I've recently been into Genshin Impact and after I laid eyes on beautiful Kaeya and Diluc I literally CANNOT help myself but write a story about them <333

I do have to balance my studies out with writing so I have no stable posting schedule, but I'll try my very best to post at least once a week! :3

Enough talking, enjoy the chapter! :DD

-晨光 :))

Just another peaceful day in the city of Mondstadt.

Of course, just as I predicted, and what I would fight for every day for the citizens here.

The name is Kaeya, deemed the proud Cavalry Captain in the Knights of Favonius. I enjoy wine-tasting, hates grape juice, loves to smile & tease, and is the secret admirer of a red-head that happens to be the current owner of the Dawn Winery—

No, I've said too much. Trust me, I'm not as crazy as the girl at Floral Whispe-

      "Sir Kaeya, there's been some sightseeing of big hilichurl camps down the South Gate just this morning." Adler, a member of the Knights barged in without knocking, lowering his eyes to a handsome, blue-haired man.

He paused his writing briefly, the scratching sounds of a quill came to a halt, and the sound of papers being rolled up.

He turned around with a small smirk playing at the corner of his lips, a white turf of fluff draped on his back. He has stunning blue eyes, but one was covered by a dark eyepatch. A blue silky material made up most of his shirt, with clean white sleeves and a brown tuck finishing off the look. The front of his chest was exposed, which was usually deemed inappropriate as a member of the Knights, but they have long gotten used to Kaeya's dress code ((⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)). A pair of black fingerless gloves covered his hand, with spiky bracelets around his wrist. His blue vision in the shape of an amulet dangled at his belt, emerging a small sense of ice and cold. He was wearing matching dark blue pants, and grey boots touched with Mondstadt's symbol of freedom (I don't actually know I made that up :>>).

He sat on his satin chair comfortably, supporting the weight of his chin with one hand. The Knight continues to blabber, dimly aware of the Captain's low attentiveness.

"—Several complaints came to me as well of a canceled event at Windrise due to several Abyss Mages practicing magic. And don't get me started on-"

He stopped abruptly as the Captain stood up.

      "Adler, Adler. My dearest companion and the bravest of the Knights." Kaeya started with a small laugh.

      The Knight's chest swelled proudly after being addressed in such a way.

      "How can I help you, Sir?"

      "Getting straight to the point eh? That's what I like about you." He laughed, patting the man on the back. "Since the hilichurl sightings have begun months ago, I was wondering why Outrider Amber couldn't do this instead. After all, I was expecting something more...challenging." He frowned.

      "O-Of course sir, you shouldn't think for a second that I ever looked down on you!" The Knight stammered. "It's just that...the hillchurls are...different than before."

      "Oh? How so?" He sat down again, now holding a tall wine glass. A sweet scent emerged from his cup full of purple liquid, and he took a small sip before grimacing.

      "Perhaps I'm not one wine expert, but this new flavor is absolutely revolting." He made a face at the bottle on his desk. "Report back to Master Diluc immediately after this, and tell him 'thanks' for his generosity in inviting me for such a drink."

      "No wonder he was first to volunteer me," He huffed. "What terrible things to make with this fine fruit!"

      "R-Right away sir! But first..." Adler hesitated.

      Kaeya raised an eyebrow.

      "Outrider Amber reported that several hillchurls have gone through unexpected...mutations. It was quite a handful for the Knights to handle, and she isn't as keen on doing it again." He lowered his head.

      "I see." He paused.

      "Pass the message to Amber that if she cannot handle a few simple hillchurls herself," His expression went unchanged, but Adler clearly felt the change in temperature in the room. "count herself out of the Knights." He finished, downing the wine in one mouthful.

He wiped his mouth roughly with his hands. "Blah, absolutely disgusting."