Chapter II- A deadly change

So I'm really bored and wrote the next chapter-

Count this as a bonus one hehe :D

-晨光^^

Previously...

"Pass on the message to Amber that if she cannot handle a few simple hilichurls herself," His expression went unchanged, but Adler clearly felt the change in temperature in the room. "count herself out of the Knights." He finished, downing the wine in one mouthful.

Arriving at the scene...

      "They look the same to me-" Kaeya huffed, just arriving at the closest camp to the city. He walked over to them calmly, narrowing his eyes at the huge Mitachurl.

      "I suppose they seem just a bit alert today, but nothing I can't handle." He mutters. "Let's make this quick, I could do with a Death After Noon."

      He drew his sword, admiring the sharp tips with a cold smile. Rushing in, he caught the hilichurls by surprise. Aiming for the Mitachurl, his sword came in harsh contact with its rock shield. His arm jotted with surprise, and he was thrown back with the impact.

      "What the-" He was shocked. Hilichurls never had that fast of a reaction before, not after his delicate plan of a surprise attack.

      He recovered quickly and dodged out of the way swiftly of a Pyro shooter. After all, he wasn't Cavalry Captain for nothing. Kaeya heard the familiar charging growl of the Mitachurl, and turned around, anticipating the beast charging at him with the shield.

      But the shield was nowhere to be seen. In his hands, a large burning ax took its place.

      Impossible!

      Kaeya had never heard of a weapon changer Mitachurl before, and even so, doing it without making a single sound. Caught by complete surprise, the Captain was vulnerable to the weapon crashing down on him. He jerked himself back to life last second and avoided the fatal shot.

      "Alright hotshot, I had my fun." He gritted his teeth. "Now let's end this, once and for all."

      As the enemies crowded around him, he squeezed his eyes shut in meditation, and thrust the sword hard into the ground. His large elemental burst erupted from the tip, crashing over the hilichurls. Ice spikes appeared on his sides, and he dashed over to the Mitachurl in a flash, bringing the sword down on it.

      Its giant clawed hands close around his sword. Despite the cold from the Cryo vision, the creature endured the frostbite and swung a fist at the immobilized Knight. Kaeya was flung back onto the grass with a large thud, his head hot and wet, sticky with a crimson liquid.

      No. I'm not done yet.

      The battle ended in bloodshed, the once well-dressed Knight gone after the fight, now a worn-clothed battered hero took its place, barely supporting his weight on his sword. Around him laid the bodies of his enemies and his blood splattered on the grass.

      Kaeya falls back onto the grass eventually, his strength failing him at last.

      'H-Hahh...hah..." He groaned.

      "O-Outrider Amber wasn't exaggerating at all. S-She deserves a promotion actually, for taking on an even larger c-camp."

      A hysterical giggle burst through his lips. A trickle of blood slid down his mouth, dying his tattered outfit with red. He simply refused to wear armor when on patrol duty, stating that it looks hideous and had 'no sense of fashion' when it comes to matching with him. Now he sees how that might have been a good idea.

      His head then drooped sideways, his hand loosening on his weapon.

      Strange. He's usually here around this time.

      A red-haired bartender wiped at the wooden surface, ignoring the stream of customers piling in, waving and chatting excitedly at him, getting a glimpse of the all-mighty owner of Dawn Winery. He paid no attention to them, but kept his attention to the entrance, hoping to see the familiar blue streaked hair, and that charming, flirty, easy-going smile.

      He could only delay the working hours of the bar for so long, as people started to get up and leave, and it was suddenly just half an hour from closing.

      But Diluc would rather die than admit to anyone that he still had feelings for Kaeya Alberich, so he resumed his cold expression and swept dust into a dustpan.

      "Master Diluc?"

      "The tavern is now close. Tell whoever is out there to come back tomorrow." He huffed.

      "It's uh- Huffman...he says it's an emergency." The servant murmurs and his eyes narrowed.

      "Being a member of the Knights does not give him special permission to stay above hours. Tell him to come back tomorrow." He snarled, in a bad mood (totally not because he didn't see Kaeya ;>).

      "-Luc, Diluc!" A voice could be heard from the night, a small outdoor lamp illuminating the hurried footsteps of an armored man.

      "Huffman. Pleased to see you again. But my apologies, the bar is now closed." He kept his features perfectly arranged, and the small servant squealed and dashed away.

      "Please Diluc. It's an emergency. You haven't seen Kaeya around here, have you?

      He froze as soon as he heard his name. A terrible sinking feeling dropped in his stomach.

      "I daresay I was not worthy in the Captain's presence this evening. Is something the matter?" He kept his speech light and informative, but a slight tremble in his voice gave away his true intentions.

      "Strange...he should have been back by now. He left early this morning to deal with some hilichurls."

      "I'm sure the Captain can take care of himself." He refused to say Kaeya's name.

      "The thing is...we only asked Captain Kaeya to deal with them because of...their strange changes." Huffman hesitated. "But of course, this knowledge is not exactly published around the city to avoid panic...us Knights have it under control."

      "Though I'm sure they can spare you the exception, Diluc." He grinned weakly.

      "Well, if you learn anything at all, make sure to keep me updated." He nodded at the bartender. "Have a good one, Diluc."

Sorta ended it on a weird note but otherwise it'll be too long sajnflkansknansljans

So come back next chapter ;))

-晨光^^