Chapter Eight

It's been a couple of weeks, and now I have to go to Maple's funeral. Me and my dads drove to the church where they would put her body into the ground, when we got out of the car, I didn't see a lot of people there. Mostly just friends, but that's when I saw Percy, he was dressed in a black suit and his bangs covered his right eyes. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly, he hugged me back softly. "I'm so sorry about Maple.." He said quietly. I tried to hold back the tears but I couldn't, I cried in front of everybody, including Percy.

After the ceremony I got up on the stage, everyone starred and glared at me, but I didn't mind. I took a deep breath and smiled softly, "Good afternoon, I am Ash Dickson, Maple's closets friend.." I began. "Maple was a kind hearted girl, the ones you almost see in movies. She died very young and..." I felt like crying again but I clenched my fists, trying to hold hem back. "But I know, if she was still here right now, that she wouldn't like to see anybody so sad, and I know, that she's with her parents up in heaven right now.." I said smiling and crying, everyone's eyes widened after that. I ran off the stage and back outside, I sat underneath a tree, sobbing like a baby.

That's when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Percy smiling, he squated down in front of me and looked at me. "Ya know, for a boy who says he shy, you actually not that bad.." He said smirking. I covered my face with my hands, trying not to let hm see me cry. He chuckled and grabbed my wrists softly, making me look at him. I blushed softly as I looked into his eyes, he then leaned in and kissed me softly. I blushed bright red and my eyes widened, but I still kissed back gently. I wrapped my arms around his neck, he smirked and leaned back. "You've gotten better, Ash.." He said smirking. I blushed again and looked away, "s-shut up.." I mumbled.. He chuckled and kissed my forehead, "You were really brave though, and I'm sure that Maple would be very proud of you.." He said getting up and holding out his hand, I took and smiled softly.

I held Percy's hand tightly as we watched her coffin go into the ground, but for some reason, we just smiled the whole entire time. We felt her cousins and relatives scowl at us, but we didn't care. After the funeral, Percy and I talked for alittle bit. "So, Ash. How about later on tonight, we go in a little date?" He said smiling. I hugged him softly, "y-yeah!" I said excitedly. He laughed quietly and hugged me back.