- 1 -

CHAPTER ONE

Adaiah

♕︎

"Come on Adaiah ." her mom called out from outside her bedroom door . The muffled voice only seemed to enrage her.

The slow sizzling of the breeze flew in through the door as her mother pushed the door open .
The day has come .

They were leaving and adaiah was dreading it to no end . She shuffled and turned over covering her head with the pillow .

- If I ignore her then I wouldn't have to go - she thought .

"Wake up Daia ." She said taking away the pillow .

"Leave me the fuck alone ". Adaiah mumble .

- Why does she have to drag me along on her stupid move . She might as well just leave me here - . "No . We have to get to the airport in 2 hours and I want you to be ready when it's time to leave . Wake up ."

"Why ? I don't want to go ." Adaiah said getting up with a sigh. She really didn't want to go . All her friends and everything she had ever known was in this town . Canada is home and she didn't want to leave . "Come on Adaiah . It's going to be a new experience for us . "She said with a small smile.

Adaiah didn't want to fall for it , just like she didn't all these years . The crooked smile and pleading hazel eyes . "For you. Its going to be a new experience for you. I've been through this enough and I don't want to be a part of this ." She folds her arms and looks away .

She was done with her mother's behaviour and the way she handled her love life ."please Adaiah . Come with me ." Rose said looking down at her daughter . "I'm tired . I want to go back to sleep . Please close the door behind you when you leave ." Adaiah whispered .

She didn't have the time or the energy to go through another argument . They had been through enough of those for the past 2 years .

Adaiah turned and covered her body turning away from her mother . Rose walks to the door and with a sigh she reluctantly closes it .

-

Thirty minutes and it would be time to board the plane . The cold air didn't seem to be helping as the two women sat in a tense silence . "Attention all passengers , the flight to London departs in 20 minutes . All passengers to make their way to the boarding station ." A loud ding sounds before the intercom turns off .

Adaiah sighs and gets up , while clutching onto the plane ticket.
"Adaiah?" Rose calls out to her daughter yet Adaiah keeps walking as if nothing had been said. Ignoring the call .

With steady steps they finally made it to the plane after minutes of procedures and measures that had been taken . "Adaiah ?" Rose tried again calling out to the stubborn 18 year old.

"Can't I just have some time to myself ? You've already taken me away from home . Wasn't that enough?" Adaiah whispered angrily and turned toward the window without another word to say .

"Please baby girl . I know this is all new to you but chr-"

"Exactly , Chris. Ever since your relationship started everything has always been about Chris. Leave me the hell alone and go bother someone else about your goddamn boyfriend ." She put earphones in her ears and began listening to the slow music to help calm her nerves.

She was done talking about it . All her pant up frustration was pooling out from her pores. Fumes engulfed her heart as she thought about this very relationship. He was surely going to be like her mother's many companions. Abusive and hurtful and she knew that hell would have to freeze over before she had to go through that kind of pain once more.

She was done crying . She wouldn't allow this so called Chris to take advantage of her feelings like the others did .

Never again .

13 hours before she had to face the new man in her mother's life .
13 hours of anticipation and nervousness of the unknown . Her fate had been sealed the moment she set foot inside the airport .

She would make them all go through what she had before she ever let them enjoy their relationship. It didn't matter that he was a different man , of a different race . To her , men were all they same . After all they all possessed a dick .

Sleep took her away like a thief in the night . Slow music played in the background and lulled her into a dark abyss.

The plane ride was long and exhausting. The thirteen hours was filled with one sided attempts to start a conversation. Adaiah's frustration only seemed to grow .
They would go to the house of a man she was yet to know of . The man her mother calls , love .

Rose and Adaiah walked side by side with their luggage in hand ready to meet up with Chris.

"Rose !! Over here ." They heard a man call out .

A bright green sign with their names on it . "Chris ." Her mom called out and ran into the arms of the man . Adaiah rolls her eyes and looks the other way .

That's how it all began . The unconditional love and public display of affection . It all began that way ; yet it ended in sorrow .

"Come on Adaiah." Rose giggled and walked closed to her .
Reluctantly she walked closer to her mother not being able to say anything in public .

"This is Chris and Chris this is my daughter , adaiah ."

A tall Spanish man looked down at her with a wide grin. Deception. It was all the same and behind the smiles were sinister intent .She watched as the man reached out to shake her hand .

Reluctantly she reaches out and shakes his hand . "Hello Adaiah it is nice to meet you ." He said with a thick accent . Nothing like the English men she heard speaking on the plane .

"Likewise." Was all she managed to say before shutting out the world again . She didn't want to talk. All she wanted to do was sleep and sleep some more and not have to think about anything other than sleep .

"Come let's go home. " yeah right .
Adaiah huffed out and grabbed her bags following behind the love sick couple .

The sight made her want to scratch her eyes . She was done with her mother , she wouldn't take anymore .

Not ever .

-

They had finally made it to a 2 story brick house in what seemed to be a gated community . It was beautiful to say the least but she knew deep down she wouldn't admit that . Not in the long run .

"We're here ." Chris said as he stopped the car .

With a big smile he looks at her mother and then at her . " welcome to my humble abode ladies." He said .

Rose only giggled and then reached to open the door but was abruptly stopped ." Not happening Rose , allow me to open the door for you ." Was all he said before he climbed down the car and walked to the passenger side .

"Thanks ."Rose blushed and took the hand he offered her .

"No problem beautiful. " he said with a small chuckle .

Adaiah watched as the couple silently walked to the door , completely forgetting about her .
-Well thanks for opening my door - she thought sarcastically while she struggled with her bags .

A moment later they were walking in the house for a 'tour' as Chris said and they were being shown different rooms . "And right here is your room ." Chris said opening an average sized room at the end of the hall .

White ... everything was white .

Adaiah nodded stiffly and walked into the room ."I hope you like it here ." Rose said finally saying something to her daughter.

Again Adaiah only nodded and silently closed the door behind her .