- 6 -

ADAIAH

The morning after she had gone dancing, Adaiah woke up in a daze, unsure how much time had passed. It was hard to tell with the neon lights above casting a dull glow over the room, and all the flashing images were starting to give her a headache.

Slowly opening her eyes, Adaiah took in the familiar setting: her bedroom with its soft white wallpaper and the warm lighting that seeped through the blinds. The smell of coffee lingered in the room, along with the pleasant smell of freshly baked goods coming from down the hall. She had no clue how she had fallen asleep in her own bed again, or why she even cared if she did fall asleep. This was becoming a pattern.

The memory of the night before still felt distant. The events of the previous evening flashed in front of her mind, but the details were hazy. All that she knew was that she had spent the night with a stranger in an alleyway, a strange woman who she had barely known a few hours.

She really wondered how she had gotten home. Questions made their selves at home in her mind.

A light knock on her bedroom door brought her out of her daze. "Baby". Her mom's head popped from behind the door. She had a small smile on her face. "Breakfast is ready".

"I'll be down soon thank you". Adaiah said softly getting out of her bed. The bright white room felt plain and yet it brought warmth to her In a way she couldn't fathom. The sun peaked through the window making her feel good all over.

The question still lingered as to how she had made it back home. Her memories were a hazy mess and all she remembered was getting away from that weird man.

-although he was hot, that man was just some random weirdo. She thought to herself getting into the shower.
He was tall but what does that mean? He was handsome too, but that didn't make him any less weird.

Adaiah let herself relax under the warm water and allowed her body to forget for a while about that night and that strange guy. That seemed like such a long time ago now.

After she finished, Adaiah made her way to the dining room ready to eat her breakfast. she just hoped that her mom and chris wouldn't make it weird and start kissing.

Her mother had already set the table, waiting for her to join her. "Good morning sweetie!" she greeted enthusiastically.
Chrysis had arrived at the table shortly after her mother, with a wide grin on his face. He looked quite happy today and he gave his wife a quick peck before taking a seat next to her. "Morning, Adaiah!".

Adaiah nodded"Good morning" she said softly, grabbing a plate of pancakes and filling it with them, before finally  taking a seat. "It smells so good", she commented. A small smile crept on her lips. The two of them looked so domestic when they were together.
She felt her phone vibrate inside her purse. Pulling it out and seeing it was from an unknown number, she opened the message, and read the message. She raised an eyebrow curiously."Are you sure you're okay?" her mom asked looking concerned.

Adaiah shrugged"Just some random person calling my phone, nothing big". She put her phone back in her purse. "I'm gonna go and take a walk, I forgot to do something yesterday".
With that said, Adaiah stood up and made her way outside. There was a faint breeze blowing through the streets making the leaves rustle. Her feet padded against the pavement as she turned towards no where in particular.

And the she remembered the text.

Someone's watching......