- 3 -

CHAPTER THREE

Adaiah

♕︎

The dull sway of the curtains lulled her into a thoughtless state, where her mind turned blank  The white walls mocked her, taunting her and making her feel useless and insignificant. It much resembled an asylum rather than a room a girl would sleep in.

In her mind at least.

"Adaiah!! Dinner is ready!" her mom yelled through the closed door.

Anger engulfed her very being. She didn't want to talk, she didn't want to see her mother. She hadn't still vented out her frustration. Let out all that captured her heart into a cage.

With a sigh, she stood from the bed and headed toward the door, still in the clothes that she arrived In.

The walk down the stairs was dreadful. Like a cloud full of rain hung over her head. She looked all around the house, giving it a once over. It was all different. Spacious even. Better than the apartment that they used to live in.

Walking into the kitchen, she saw a warm plate of mac and cheese with a glass of juice beside it.
Looking into the connected dining room, she saw as Chris and her mom flirted away , forgetting all about her.

-maybe they put my plate here on purpose- she thought looking at the plate.

Whatever it may have been, she knew that she was going to eat and then disappear back into her room.

"Ooh, later ." She heard her mom whispered. Well, it couldn't have been a whisper if she heard it from the room adjacent to them.
The glances her mom would give to Chris didn't go unnoticed.

"But- " Chris was interrupted by Rose and her small giggle.

"I can't just be talking about such things, sweetheart. My daughter is in the other room ". She smiled at him brightly.

Adaiah rolled her eyes -as if I don't already know what they're talking about- she thought abruptly standing from the island.

Losing her appetite.

More giggling and kissing sounds could be heard. Adaiah began walking toward her room, only a quarter of her food eaten.

Disgusting

-

In the morning, well in the afternoon to be exact. She decided it would be a good idea to go out and see the sights that the city could bring.

She stood and made her way into the bathroom, avoiding looking at the mirror altogether. The scar was prominent enough so why look in the mirror when the image was freshly imprinted in her mind.

Under the shower as water cascaded down her back, the image of him reaching for her as he undid his belt left shivers down her spine. His rough calloused hands made her feel sick and it all felt real. It all felt like he was present and as the water began creating a mist of warmth, it all felt as if he was breathing near her neck. Alcohol. A shakey sigh left her lips while she reached over and switched the shower off. Ailing to get out. It was all like a movie in her mind, played all over and over on the part she dreaded most. A broken record on repeat.

Those were the very last words her father had said to her before the accident.

"Sleep tightly, little flower ..." she began singing yet her emotions got the best of her, tears began filling her eyes to the brim nearly spilling out as she all but held back a sob. Those words always had a great effect on her.

She blankly walked into the bedroom, water dripping from her body onto the floor.

The white space felt like an asylum, although bright and airy it all felt like an enclosed space and that made her claustrophobic.

- I need to get out of here - she thought as she began rummaging through her clothes, grabbing a random shirt and a pair of skinny Jeans. Well as skinny as her ass would allow them to be. It was always a battle getting them over her ass but she knew that although she was upset, there was no excuse to look a mess.

After getting the shirt over her boobs, another task. She realised that it now looked like one of the small shirts she had seen on Pinterest. It was time to leave.

Grabbing the shoes, she walked out tying her waist-length 4c hair into a low ponytail. Although the house was beautiful, it still didn't feel homely. Well to her at least.

"Where are you off to ?" Chris asked from the kitchen counter as she walked by him. Her mother peaked out from the laundry room. -already doing wifely duties I see- she thought as she gave them a fake smile.

"I just thought I would walk around the neighbourhood ". She said sweetly although her bitter heart was anything but.

"Oh okay, don't forget to come back early for dinner ". Her mother said. She looked at Chris and nodded before walking out the kitchen door.

" what a nightmare ". She thought as she looked around the quiet neighbourhood. Everything was the same and yet very different.
The quietness was very familiar and it was all that she could remember from Canada. Although it was a bit warmer than when they arrived, she hadn't forgotten to take her oversized Jersey before she left.

"Now, where can I find a club ?" She asked herself looking at the pubs and bars that littered the streets.