Part 4

Liam looked absolutely furious with me and I felt  my heart sink.
What had I done?
"Liam I ...!"
"What's it to you?" Eric demanded all macho man.
Liam glared at him looking him up and down. Eric was taller than Liam and could probably knock him down with one punch.
"It's ok Eric. " I put my hand on his chest and beckoned him to move away from Liam. The last thing I wanted was them to start a fight over me.
"Eric! Wow didn't you move on quick!" Liam sneered     at us:
Before I could respond I saw Avery and boy did she look mad.
"We need to go." I told Eric and he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.
Avery came bounding over to us and immediately stood right in front of my ex. I gasped as she got all in his face shouting and pushing him a couple of times. Eric instantly jumped in to pull her away and Liam shook his head in disbelief at me and walked off without another word.Eric was holding Avery back, she was like an angry Rottweiler and clearly very drunk right now.
"Let's get outta here." Eric insisted.
I helped Eric to lead her out of the club and hoped that Liam would just stay out the way.

How dare he make me feel guilty when he's the one who finished with me.

"He's a loser!" Avery shouted as Eric bundled her into his car and shut the door behind her.

"Seems she's had a few too many." Eric joked awkwardly and I smiled avoiding his eye contact. He told me to get in the car and I had no choice but to sit up front with him as Avery was sprawled out on the backseat.

A few minutes later we arrived at Avery's house. Her parents were away til next week so no one was home.  Eric jumped out of the car and gently scooped Avery up in his arms, I rushed in front to open the door and Eric took her to the lounge, grabbing a bowl and her bedding so she could sleep it off.
"She's going to hate herself tomorrow." I said shaking my head and smiling because Avery hated hangovers.

Eric smirked and put the blanket over his sleeping cousin.

Now it was just the two of us and I could feel his eyes boring into me. I suddenly felt very shy.

"Coffee?" He stepped into the kitchen leaving me standing there like a lemon.
"I should probably get home really." I couldn't believe it was already almost one am.
Eric looked shocked. "No chance. You can stay here tonight. It makes more sense plus what sort of bloke would I be to allow you walking the streets at this time or night?"

"Ok sure, thanks." I followed him into the kitchen and took a seat at the big pine dining table.
"Remember when kilo we were kids and you nearly fell out that tree?" Eric laughed taking a seat opposite me as he handed me a cup of steaming coffee.
I winced with embarrassment as I remembered the exact moment he was talking about.
"I'd rather forget that." I smiled.
"You certainly got more beautiful in the last five years since mini I saw you. I almost didn't recognise you."
I could not believe what I was hearing.
Eric thought I was beautiful.
There was that butterfly feeling all over again...