Part 5

I woke up the next morning with an arm across my chest and the strangest sound from behind me. I quickly realised it was Eric. We must have crashed out on the sofa and I was trapped under his arm. I really did not want to move because I felt so comfortable and safe in his arms.
Just then my stupid phone started ringing bringing me back to reality and I couldn't help but feel a tad annoyed at whoever was ringing me.
I didn't recognise the number but decided to answer it anyway because I figured they would stop calling then.
"Alissa we need to talk." I heard a female voice say the second I answered the call.
"Who the hell is this?" I frowned to myself trying to work out the voice but nothing came to me.
"Meet me at the café on Porter street in one hour. You need to know the truth." Before I could say anything the call was cut off and I stared at my phone for a few seconds trying to make sense of what had just happened.
Eric yawned and stretched his body out causing me to look up at him. He grinned at me before pinning me back down to kiss me.
What the hell was going on.
"Good morning beautiful." He said.
"Morning." I replied with a dumb look that made him laugh.
"What's going on here then?" Avery exclaimed. I looked up to see her standing in the doorway with an amused look on her face. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. This looked worse than it was.
Eric shrugged his shoulders like it was no big deal. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.
"Nothing happened, we must have fallen asleep." I insisted.
Avery laughed and then rubbed her forehead before grabbing some paracetamol from her bag and swishing it in her mouth as she swigged a bottle of water.
"I can assure you that I am a gentleman." Eric said causing Avery to raise her eyebrows and laugh loudly.
"How is your head?" I quickly changed the subject. Avery groaned and fell backwards on the other sofa.
"Did I really drink that much?" We both nodded simultaneously at her.
I looked down at my phone as it beeped a couple of times.
Liam.
I sighed wishing he would just leave me alone. It was his fault we had broken up. I hated him for ruining what we had.