soulmates (pt. 1/5)

A/N: typical and cliche, I know but here we go anyway

y/n's POV

"so, has anything changed for you yet?", the question everyone asked everytime you went to see a friend or family member. a question you dreaded more than anything. not because you were bummed you were the only one in every group to not have found their soulmate yet, but because you never got your sign, or can't seem to figure out what it is.

years ago people developed a system that would guarantee everyone to have a soulmate. everyone gets their own 'sign' to guide them to their person. it could be anything, from a map, to a timer, to a tattoo, to a strand of hair changing color, literally the most random things but you, you had no idea, it's like you never got a sign. it could mean two things, one:your soulmate is dead; two:you're meant to be alone forever. you genuinely didn't know which one would be worse. maybe you just missed your sign and have yet to figure it out though, let's hope for that.

calum's POV

"calum? are you alright?", ashton asked.

"yeah it's just, people making comments about me being single and lonely again. I hate it.", he murmured.

"you'll find your person cal, the compas on your phone is proof of that."

"but it's pointless, this thing sends me around in circles, lighting up on the side of me she's closest to? she could literally be anywhere in the world.", calum complained.

"good thing we have a world tour coming up then, right.", ashton joked to which calum chuckled.

not much later both guys decided to take nap while being on this plane for seven hours. let's hope calum will finally be closer to his soulmate when they land in australia, back home.

--------------♡-----------
hope you all enjoyed this and if ur still reading my stories I just wanna say thank you. it means a lot.