heartbeat

"Y/N, WAIT I'M SORRY.", you heard calum yell from behind you.

"calum? what the hell, you got some nerve to even still come here and tell me to wait. I waited for three fucking hours for you to show up. three hours calum! I sat here out in the cold for three whole hours because I actually like you and I didn't wanna believe you probably only asked me out to make fun of me or cuz you lost a bet or whatever. but I see it now, I'm just a piece of dirt. seriously just leave.", you said heartbroken, slamming the door in his face, falling down to the floor and letting the tears fall freely on your face.

~

"y/n", michael, your friend, and also calum's friend, said in a distressed sounding voice as you picked up the phone.

"hey michael.", you replied with a shaky voice, still upset over the fact that calum stood you up.

"it's calum, he's-", michael started only to get cut off by you immediately at the mention of his name.

"I don't wanna hear about calum, he stood me up."

"y/n he didn't, his cousin got very sick while he was watching him, he had to take him to the hospital and with all that stress he completely forgot about your date."

"oh my god, michael, I'm such an idiot, is he okay?"

"he got into a car accident driving home from your place"

"what? no please tell me that's a joke."

"it's true, but he's fine, I just drove him home. he has to rest and sleep a lot, he's got a nasty concussion and some bruises, that's all."

"that's a big relief."

"he doesn't want to stay in bed though, he wants to go over to your place to explain you everything, so I'd be very grateful if u could get ur ass over here asap so that he'll at least stay in bed."

"I'm coming over right now."

~

"calum?", you whispered, entering his bedroom

"y/n?", he mumbled.

"yes, it's me."

"I'm sorry, oww-", he tried.

"shhh, lay back down, it's okay, michael told me everything, I'm sorry. is there anything you need?", you asked.

"no, just a hug would be nice, my head is hurting so much.", he whined.

"ofcourse", you said, carefully slipping into bed next to him, cuddling close to him and letting him lay his head against your chest.

"cal, relax, try to calm down, your heart is beating out of your chest."

"I can't."

"cal, you can just follow my breathing."

"it's you. it's because of you. you make my heart go like that. I know what you probably think of me after I stood you up but I really like you.", he mumbled against your chest, making his heart race even more, while looking up at you shyly. hearing him confess his feelings like that made your heart skip a few beats and you did the only thing you could think off, you kissed him.
you let your lips move against his for a little while till you heard him wince in pain.

"I'm sorry, I mean, I'm not but, sorry. you should get some sleep first we can kiss when you feel better.", you giggled.

"but-"

"no buts, lots of rest, I'm not going anywhere.", you said wrapping your arms tightly around his body as he closed his eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

---------------♡---------------
tysm for reading these stories, it means a lot to me.
btw if you have any requests, just comment them or dm me :)