v i s i t o r

Dilara

I fasten the lock on the door before they have the chance barge in after me. I frown at the single deadbolt, realizing the sons of The Devil could probably make light work of it if determined. I'll have to find a more permanent solution to that.

Stepping into my new room, I swear I can hear faint swearing sounding from the hall. As my lips pull upward i'm self satisfaction, I take my first look at my new room.

Room is an understatement. I have an entire suite. The area is split into three rooms, one bedroom, one bath, and a seating/dining area. Every aspect of the place has been decorated to dark perfection, the embodiment of elegant meets gothic. The walls are jet black with a matt finish, the floor dark marble swirled stone.

The bedroom is furnished with a king size canopy bed, layers of sheer black fabric cascading down from the ceiling and enveloping the bed. Silken sheets and pillows decorate the bed, their quality lavish just from a glance. A walk-in closet is set into the wall opposite the bed, the mirrored doors reflecting the bedroom and creating the illusion the space is even larger than it seems. What takes my breath away though, is the entire far wall of the bedroom. Panes of glass span the entire length, the largest window i've ever seen opening the room to the world outside.

My feet carry me to the wondrous wall, my fingers extending to touch the glass almost absentmindedly. Below me lies an entire city, thousands of sky-scraping buildings for as far as the eye can see. It's extraordinary. I've only ever read about cites, have never even imagined being so close to one.

I tear myself away, retracing my hand as if I've been burned. It has to be some sort of illusion. How could the entire Kingdom of Purgatory lie just above a city? It's impossible.

I explore the bathroom next. It's off of the bedroom, a large charcoal paneled door separating the two. Inside lies the largest tub I've ever laid eyes on. The circular bath sits in the middle of the room, its entirety carved from lava stone. It's ridiculously large, closer to the size of a hot tub and taking up at least a third of the floor space. Filling the onyx shelves lining the bathroom are various lavish looking bath products. There are at least a dozen varieties of salts, bath oils, and soaps— bottles of products expensive I can't even pronounce the labels.

The sink is even more dangerous. The six foot long vanity supports at least twenty different high end makeup brands. There is every shade of lipstick and nailpolish imaginable, every lipgloss you could ever want in your lifetime. I snap my mouth shut when I realize it's slightly ajar, fleeing from the bathroom before I test everything in sight.

The Devil wasn't joking about the amenities.

The dining/seating area is much of the same, two large leather reading chairs face a stone carved bookshelf. Hundreds of titles line the shelves, some of which I recognize from my own small collection in Arcane. A plush grey rug cozies up the space, making you feel like all that's missing is a mug of hit chocolate.

A breakfast bar separates the reading area from the kitchen, a small black fridge and afew pantry cabinets filling the space. I pull open the fridge, expecting vials of blood and being met with nothing more than bottled water and a fruit bowl.

Everything is too meticulous, too nice. There has to be a catch. I think i'll contemplate that catch while testing out the bath.

I shed my silken nightdress and robe before stepping into the steaming water. I let out a sigh of content, closing my eyes in pleasure as my naked body sinks beneath the water's scalding surface. It feels as if my skin is aflaim, just how I like it.

After exfoliating every inch of my body and massaging vanilla shampoo into my scalp, I pick up the lavender shower cream. I lather myself up in the foam twice, a ritual i've come to live by. I need to rid myself of everyone that's ever touched my skin, thus the excessive amount of bubbles. I scrub myself until my skin turns pink.