a n g e r

Dilara

I clap slowly, a laugh spilling from between my lips. The entirety of what just happened is comical.

Zale wipes the blood from his blade, tucking it away once all traces of the incubus's entrails are gone. There's no longer any trace of fury in his gaze, his features are composed back into a slate of expressionless vacancy. It's unsettling really, how calm his movements are considering his brutality just moments ago.

It's silent. Too silent.

"What a waste," I murmur, goading Zale for any sort of reaction. "That incubus's tongue was skilled."

He doesn't even blink. instead, Zale cocks his head about one centimeter towards me and starts laughing.

I have exactly one thought before a large hand seizes me from behind. That one thought it: he must be fucking psychotic.

I whirl on the person yanking my forearm, the harshness behind their hold enough to make me hiss. Seren's towering figure glares down at me, the ice in his silver gaze freezing me where I stand. I swallow, the unsparing expression upon his beautiful face enough to shut me up for the time being.

"Act accordingly little angel," he bites out. "I'm about two seconds away from snapping your pretty little neck."

Message received.

With a savage yank Seren pulls me into the shadows, transporting us back to my rooms with the utmost
unpleasants. The moment my feet hit solid ground I'm stumbling away from his seething figure, my treacherous legs almost giving out beneath me.

"Jesus!" I grumble. "Don't do that without some sort or warning!"

Seren stalks forward, his frigid glare causing my feet to skid back a-few steps. "Do not fucking test me right now."

Zale and Kai materialize a few feet away, their bodies simply snapping into existence. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I stare at them for a few seconds, steeling my nerves."Well, that was exciting." I speak carefully, my words teetering on the edge of a very steep drop off.  "I don't know what the fuck happened back there but it did." I pause, giving them an opening to speak. Nothing.

I let out an exasperated breath. "I'm exhausted. If theres no more brutal murders you need to partake in, leave me alone."

Do they make any attempt to move? No. God i'm just itching to hurl one of my heels at one of their statue-like figures.

Instead, I stalk over to my bed, wrapping my arms around myself and sinking down onto the enormous mattress. "I think you've made your point. The three of you are riled up over something you have absolutely no fucking say―"

My last words slice through whatever hold they were keeping over themselves. It's as if lightning cut through the air, changing everything in those deadly seconds after it strikes. Zale throws himself onto me, all my remaining breath leaving me as his body pins me to the bed. If this were under any other circumstances...

I hold myself perfectly still, already afraid of my body's unwarranted reaction to these men. I knew Zale was muscular but Jesus, I can feel each any every hard definition of his glorious body against my own. His knee is pressed into the mattress between my legs, just a few inches higher and my self restraint would be shattered.

"You're going to learn very quickly, darling," he snarls. "That the three of us have all the fucking say."

"You can't―"

"Oh but we will," a second voice whispers to my left. Kai is crouched down, eye level with me and close enough for me to see the tick in his jaw.

I smirk at him. "You can try, pretty boy."