So Much For Sleep

"How in the bloody hell are we supposed to break back in?" Newt asked and I shrugged. Standing outside the building really makes me anxious. The place looks abandoned on the outside, assuming it is to be perceived that way. There are cameras everywhere and one wrong move and guns everywhere. "Shit" Jorge whispered from behind me. I turned to see that he was looking at the tracker. "It's off they turned it off. They noticed. We need to get in there now or Aris doesn't stand a chance" Jorge looked at me. I turned back around and looked at the maze then back at the group.

"If you would have just consulted with us we could have figured out a better plan and Aris wouldn't be in this position!" Scott's eyes flashed red for a moment which told me he was pissed. "Aris knew the risk Scott he was willing to do what it took. It's the only logical and sane plan." I put my finger on his chest and he swatted it away like a knat. "I wouldn't call that sane but okay." Lydia said and I glared at her. "What's the plan?" Newt came over to me putting his hand on my arm rubbing it up and down. I know he's trying to comfort me but honestly it felt demeaning in a way. A sort of 'it's okay babe I know you're right even though what they said is true'.

I turned and released my arm from his grip. "Camp here for the night figure out their schedule for coming in and out. We need to see who and how people travel. Highjack transport and security badges and make our way in. Once in, use the silencers Sonjia made for us and kill anybody that gets in our way." I looked at the pack who all were motionless. "Kill?" Scott asked. "You're joking right? I'm not gonna kill anybody!" I rolled my eyes. "When you're staring at someone who doesn't give a fuck about if you live or die you'll do what's necessary." I said and Minho nodded. "Scotty boy the Scorch is nothing like Beacon Hills. You can't solve problems by convincing them to be good." Minho patted him on the head like a dog which made Jorge grunt with laughter. "Why wait if Aris is in danger like you said?" Lydia asked and my face was turning red I could feel it. I'm tired of people questioning my judgement. "It's all we've got we can not go in guns a blazing we have to use our heads!" I said a little louder than usual. I need to calm down or I'm going to blow our cover.

"Get some sleep while you can. Newt and I will take first watch. Incase someone or something spots us." I said and the group nodded. "Something?" Malia questioned. "Cranks" Fry answered for me. "I haven't seen any but that doesn't mean they aren't still around.". Scott's eyes went wide and he sat down attempting to get comfortable. "So much for sleep then". Malia crankily said as she laid down.

Sometime later everyone was quiet I looked at Newt. "You know we've never had a chance to enjoy each other's company without danger" I scoffed and scooted close to him. "Maybe thats's who we are. Wherever we go danger follows." Newt sighed and I put my head on his shoulder. "I just want the chance to be normal. Normal people. Normal lives, where I can take my boyfriend on a date and drop him off at home with a kiss. Like this." I said as I leaned in to kiss him. "I'd love that" Newt said smiling at me and I smiled back.

"Hey lovebirds cut it out. I want to sleep I don't wanna get bitten because you two start fucking" Minho smirked I turned and flicked him off and he laid back down with his hands behind his head. "Slithead" Newt said turning back around. I guess I'll go walk around and keep an eye out. Try and not get yourself killed" I said smiling down at him and he rolled his eyes. "Go ahead Tommy before I smack that smile off your face" Newt stood up kissing me again which made me laugh.

I walked away from Newt into the darkness of the night. The noise of the sand hitting my ears made it almost impossible for me to hear anything else. I pulled my hood up and out of the corner of my eye I saw something. The noise from the thing sent shivers down my spine. No matter how loud the sand was I could hear that sound anywhere. I took out my gun with the silencer and shot at it. It went down after couple of shots and I sighed. Only one. I started to put my gun up but then I heard it. More. Not just more A LOT more. I took off running back to the group.

"Wake the fuck up! We've got company!" I yelled and everyone jumped up. I ran up to them and help some get up and we started taking off running towards the building. "What the fuck is that?!" Scott yelled running up beside Minho and I and a not far behind Newt. "Cranks!" Yelled Newt. The whole group were running for their lives. "We don't have a plan what are you expecting by running towards a building that doesn't want us inside?" Jorge yelled from behind the whole group. "Well we get in or die trying. We aren't getting away from them." I yelled. There were now hundreds of cranks behind us. "We can take them!" Malia yelled slowing down about to stop. "I don't give a fuck what powers you have you stop you get bit we shoot." I yelled slowing down to meet her pace. "I'm not losing anyone in this group to arrogance and stupidity now keep running!" She nodded and started running faster. "Quick there's a door!" Minho yelled. "Scott! You Liam and Issac get that door open now!" I yelled they all nodded and ran faster ahead of the group. They all pulled up on the door and held it open. Newt and Minho ran in first and Sonjia right after. "Go on go we can't hold it much longer!" Scott yelled! Malia and Jorge were at the back of the group and Cranks were on their ass. I stopped right outside of the door and shot at the cranks to give them a fighting chance. Malia picked up the pace and left Jorge in the dust.

"Jorge come on! Get your ass in gear!"  I yelled and I kept shooting. Everyone was in except Jorge and I. "I can't hold it anymore!" Liam yelled and collapsed on the ground. The door fell a little. Scott and Issac both yelled in pain. Their eyes changing colors and the door stayed open at the height it fell to. "Jorge!" I screamed! "I'm trying he yelled back. "Scott how are you doing?" I yelled. "I'm fine but Issac can't take much more." He was in physical pain it was obvious. Right after that Issac collapsed on the ground. "AUGH!" Scott exclaimed. "HURRY UP!" I yelled Jorge was a leap away from the door. Scott was the only one holding up the door. Only less than 2 feet of room for us to make it through.

Only Jorge and I were the only ones to not make it through yet. So close. We both get down to quickly slide under the door.

SLAM!