Epilogue

23 Years Later

"Mum the boys won't give me my phone back" yells my 16 year old daughter.

Finally after four pregnancies, Jevani and I were blessed with our baby girl. Well technically she's not a baby anymore, but she's still our baby.

"Boys set the table, Cassie help bring the food out" Seconds later, I hear the footsteps of my boys, well like men.

After placing the food on the table, we all take our seat and in walking my charming husband.

Sending me a wink, I blush while our children chuckle at our actions. Once Jevani takes his seat at the head of the table, we all hold hands and bow our head for a short prayer. After that I dish out our food.

"How was your day my beautiful wife" feeling my cheeks turn crimson red, I try to hide my face from my laughing children.

Even after 23 years, my handsome husband can still make me blush like a damn tomato.

Ignoring our snickering boys, I remember that happened before dinner.

"What were you guys arguing about before dinner?"

For a second all the boys tensed and Cassie looked nervous???

Turning my attention to my 4 boys, they look very much like their father, a smile makes it's way on my face.

Waiting for a response, I see my eldest Jevani tensing his jaw before running his hand over his face in annoyance.

"J bear, please tell me" I ask softly.

"Cassie has a boyfriend and I don't like it one bit. One of my mates told me his brother saw this texts messages on her phone.

"I didn't believe him. I had to see it for myself. So when I told the boys, they got pissed very much like how I did."

"And together we planned to take her phone and look at her messages. Which happened before dinner" he said through gritted teeth.

Looking at all 4 of my sons, they looked pissed!!!

I was about to say something when my love stood up and angrily said "Is this true Cassidy?"

Feeling the anger coming off him, I wrap my arms around his waist in hopes of calming him down.

"No it isn't dad, the boys don't know wha-" "We saw the messages Cassidy! Stop lying to us!" Matt interrupted.

Watching a tear roll down my baby's face, I run over to her but she runs off to her room.

Suddenly all the memories of how my brother use to treat me, hits me. Feeling my own anger rising.

I turn my attention back to them and say "Are you happy now?" Turning my back on them, Jevani tries reaching for my hand. But I shrug it off and walked towards my baby's room.

"Sweetie may I come in please?"

"You're always welcome into my room momma". Awww I love it when they call me Momma.

Laying beside my girl, I run my fingers through her smooth hair. Instead of asking her for the truth, I just wait till she's ready to tell me.

A few minutes pass till she turns to me and says.

"Mummy I don't have a boyfriend. But I know why the boys think I do. I made a new friend that started a few days ago." 

"We've become pretty close over the few days of getting to know each other, and I consider her as my best friend as she considers me as hers."