ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"what do you mean by bad news? Is my baby going to be fine?" Mrs Collins Esmee's mom said with tears welling up in her eyes.

"Lets start with the good news. Okay she will be fine but we will have to perform an emergency surgery on her. Due to the accident some of her rib cages were broken and they are currently pressing her internal organs so we have to operate on her before they puncture any of her vital organs. Some of her neck bones were also broken so she would have to be in a neck brace for a while, and finally she hit her head quite hard in the car so we would have to perform a minor brain surgery on her so she can wake up."

" oh my god. So this is what my daughter is going through right now. Sh-sh-she's in that room fighting for her life right now." Mrs Collins said while weeping. Esmee was the only child she had and she couldn't afford to lose her.

" I can't believe this is happening. Don't worry, Mrs Collins. Esmee will be fine, I can feel it," Ivy said to Esmee's mom.

Mrs Collins gave Ivy a slight nod and squeezed her hand a bit.

" What's the bad news?" Mrs Collins asked the doctor with a shock on her face

" Because of the way she hit her head she might lose some of her abilities. Like how to walk, talk, or even her memory. Don't forget we are not sure about this. It might happen or it might not. But there is a chance. Pray for her. God might just answer your prayers."

" Wh-what did you say?" Mrs Collins said

" I know that this a lot to take in ma'am but have courage. Stay strong for your daughter she needs your support the most and you need to be strong to take care of her." the doctor said

" He's right. You had a high blood pressure a few months back. Don't worry yourself too much." Ivy said as she held onto her.

" Ma'am. you would need to fill out some forms and sign some documents so she can get the surgery she needs."

" Okay, i'll sign them quickly." she said as she wiped the tears from her eyes

she made her way to the counter at the reception and signed some documents and filled some forms while trying to hold back her tears.

" Here, go save my daughter." she said to the doctor.

" okay. We will do our very best."

The doctors and nurses put on their scrubs and wheeled Esmee into their OR while Mrs Collins and Ivy sat at the waiting room. The surgery would take 5 to 6 hours so they were going to wait for a long time but time flies by when your thinking about something like your life depends on it.

A few hours later the light indicating that someone was in the theatre went off which meant that they were done with her surgery.

suddenly the doors opened and the doctor came out and walked towards Esmee's mom.

" Doctor. How did it go? Was everything alright?"

" Everything was ..... great. The surgery was a success. Now we just have to wait for her to wake up." The doctor said with a smile

"Thank you so much." Esmee's mom said with a large smile. She felt as if a 500lb weight had just been lifted from her chest.

" Umm when can we go see her?" Ivy asked the doctor

" Soon but not now. You will have to wait for when we transfer her to a ward." the doctor said

" Okay. Thank you so much doctor." Ivy said