Thoughts wandering here and there

All of this catching up with school work is exhausting. Although it may be hard to believe, I am a straight A+ student and that's probably one of the reasons that Principal Marvid took me back as a student.

I drop my pencil, push my chair back and grab a warm sweater before standing up. "I'll just go out for a quick walk Aunt Mindy!" I yell before I close the door behind me.

Nothing can be more relaxing than an afternoon breeze. As I walk around town in my shorts and my blue sweater with my hair down, my mind starts to wander towards my parents.

I never met my parents. They went missing when I was only a year old. Aunt Mindy, my mom's best friend, found me all alone in the house that we're living now. Aunt Mindy tells me that I have an older brother and sister and they too went missing a week before my parents did. Their mysterious disappearances have stirred some rumours throughout town. I never gave much thought about them or rather, I never cared. I refuse to believe that they went missing. They simply left.

Without even noticing, I have wind up at Archangel's Cemetery, the only cemetery in town. Might as well visit Spencer's grave.

I make my way towards Spencer's grave, my nightmare still vivid. Crows are everywhere making horror sounds while no signs of life can be seen anywhere.

As I'm drawing near, I see a people have gathered around a grave. Then when I am close enough, I realize that they have gathered around Spencer's grave.

Puzzled I take a closer look. The grave has been dug up, as if someone took my beloved. Not far from the scene, a twig snaps. My heart beating so loud, I look behind me, preparing myself to relive the nightmare all over again.

**********

I see a figure but it is not Spencer, it's Ash.

I walk towards him, his lips forms a smile.

"Quite a ruckus." He comments.

"What happened here?" I ask carefully approaching him.

"Approximately at midnight, the grave keeper heard something and when he got to Spencer's grave, it was already like this." He says. "Even the police and the detectives can't figure out what exactly happened."

I am afraid to ask this question but I have to, for the sake of calming my thoughts. "Is the ...... Is the body still there?" I close my eyes fearing to hear the answer that I don't want to hear.

"No."

I fall down to my knees.

"I'm sorry." He says sympathetically. I hear a rustle and feel a string breeze. When I look up, Ash is already gone.

Why does he keep disappearing on me?

I stand up, brush leaves and dust off of my knees and walk out of the cemetery. Too many things are happening to my life right now. Dead bodies can't just disappear in the middle of the night without an explanation. Four family members can't just go missing in just two weeks without leaving a trace.

I run. I run as fast as I could towards Haden's house. Before I knock, I quietly swear to myself.

I will uncover the mysteries of my life