HAYDEN POV

I woke up with a headache and saw a white ceiling. Memories of what happened started rushing in .

I was filled with shame and embaressment. I was reckless and careless during the duel. I know that.

I was angry and frustated.

The curtain opened and Mr.Zane came and sat on the stool beside me.

I put my head down, embarassed

''How're you feeling?'' he asked

''Why do you care?'' That's not what I wanted to say 

He sighed ''I am asking because I'm worried.''

Worried? For me?

I covered my head with the blanket ''You don't need to worry about me.''

I knew I was being a brat but I just didn't know what to say to him. I knew how I behaved these past few days towards him was obnoxious.

I was ashamed and embarassed.

''What's going on with you. You have been acting weird these past few days. Something's going on, tell me. What's wrong?''

''None of your buisness. Leave me alone'' I said

He sighed once again ''I'll leave for now but we will be having another conversation later. Your friends are waiting for you.'' he said and left.

Once again I was all alone.

These past few days I was having weird feelings. Whenever Zane came in class I would feel my face heat, his jokes in class would make me laugh when he talked to me I would have a weird feeling in my stomache.

So, when I came into class today and he told me to get out i don't know what got into me and I challenged him to a duel.

During the whole battle, I was already tired and then I found myself using more of my power  than necessary.

I for some reason wanted to impress him and  that frustrated me even more.

 I hated this feeling. I hated him.

r