The ENGAGEMENT PARTY

I was getting ready for Mary's engagement party. It had been a week since I was fired.

I have been living in the duchy and carrying out the duties as the son.

I wouldn't say it was hard, it had accounting stuff which I had done a thousand times in my past life.

But it sure had been boring. The days were gray and dull, I actually found myself missing those 4 brats. I at first thought it would be nice to not have to deal with brats but I loved all my students, I loved teaching.

'sigh' What's happened has happened. No point in sulking about the past.

Yeah, today is about Mary. I'm so happy for her. She and Gerald really do love each other.

I've met him a few times and he's a great guy. Mainly, he loves Mary and that's what matters.

I went to Mary's room and knocked 

''Come in'' she said

''Hey'' I said

She looked back and smiled ''Hey'' 

''You look gorgeous. Gerald won't be able to take his eyes off of you'' 

''Of course he won't. You look handsome Zanie, you've become a big boy'' she joked

''hahaha, thanks for the compliment'' I said

We both arrived to the main hall, where the main party had started.

I looked at Mary and she looked a little distressed 

''You ok, sis?'' I asked

''Yeah, just a bit nervous''

''I took her hand.''you're ok''

I reassured, she smiled and put her hand around my arm.

We entered the hall and everyone clapped.

Gerald came to us and bowed, I gladly gave him Mary's hand and both of them a big smile

''Gerald, take good care of my sister'' I said

''I will'' he said and smiled at me

We all came together and started talking.

Me,mom,George, Gerald and Mary.

''OH, Kaiden come here.'' he called out to his younger brother. Fuck! I totally forgot he was his younger brother.

Kaiden came and greeted us. Mary huuged him

''Kai, meet my younger brother Zayn. Zayn this is Kaiden Gerald'd younger brother'' she introduced

''Nice to meet you Mr.v-. Lord Kaiden'' shit!

He stared at me for a few seconds. Did he find out? That's not possibele, just yesterday I walked past a few students of mine but they didn't recognize me without my mask. Though they did stare at my face, I won't lie I have a pretty handsome one. No! This is not the time to be narcisistic.

I in an effort to divert his attention from my face, put my hand foward to shake his hand.

He shook my hand and a blush formed on his face

What? What's happening here?

I felt some eyes on me so I turned around and saw Xavier, Nick and Hayden staring at the both of us.

Did I GET CAUGHT??!!!!