Chapter 13

The next day after I woke up I didn't have to get ready for practice anytime soon so I focused on tonight. August told me that I would need a dress, for what exactly I don't know but I had a lot to choose from. I decided to go with a simple black dress and even with several hours to spare I even straightened my hair. He told me to dress up and that's exactly what I was going to do.

When it came time for practice I wrapped my freshly done hair up and prayed all of my hard work and hours spent straightening didn't go to waste. I rushed through practice because I was anxious to get it over with. I admit that our dance this week could have been better but surprisingly I didn't really care. After practice the girls wanted to hang out but I told them that I had plans, and when they started questioning me I kept my mouth shut and headed on home.

Soon as I got home I had four hours to finish getting ready and it seemed like a lot of time but I had lots to do. First thing I did was pack an overnight bag and then I focused on my appearance. By the time everything was done I got his text telling me he would be there in a minute.

I panicked and gave myself one more once over and sprayed on some perfume and made sure I looked perfect. For some reason I was nervous but I sucked it up and grabbed everything I needed and headed out. My mom wasn't home so I didn't have to worry about her asking me where I was going but I doubt she would because still wasn't talking to me.

August was parked right outside and so I walked out with my bag on my shoulder and locked the front door. When I turned back around to walk down the steps he was out of his car and walked over to me and I tried my best to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. He looked nice and we were both quiet as we stood in front of each other, he was looking me over and I was doing the same to him.

"You look nice," he smiled.

"Nice," I frowned looking down at myself, "I spent hours getting ready and nice is the best you got?"

"You look beautiful," he corrected.

"Thanks you," I smiled.

He cleared his throat and I smiled and looked him over.

"You look handsome," I smiled and he smirked.

"I know."

I rolled my eyes as he took my bag from my shoulder and walked over to the back door of his car and putting my bag inside. Once he did that he opened up the passenger door and motioned for me to get in. I smiled and did just that and he walked over to his side and got in.

"So where are we going," I asked him hoping he would finally tell me.

"You'll see."

I guess I would. For the beginning of the car ride it was quiet, as usual he was listening to his trap music and bobbing his head.

"Can I turn it off," I whined.

"Why?"

"Because it's giving me a headache," I rubbed my forehead.

"Whatchu wanna hear then," he asked then, "I got some Yo Gotti, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne-"

"How about no, no and hell no."

"You disrespectin' Wayne, I should make you walk the rest of the way."

"No he disrespects himself, nothing he says make sense anymore. I thought as time went on you were supposed to get better not worse."

"So who you listen to then Nicki Minaj?"

"Not really. Some of her music is nice and I have my favorites but most of her music is played out to me," I shrugged, "All she do is talk about her ass and pussy. I got my own, I don't want to hear about hers."