Chapter 3

I had nothing to do the next morning so I spent the whole morning doing nothing in particular trying not to think about what the night held. Until he called me and reminded me of our outing tonight. I said yes and then he said he had to go and we hung up to go our separate ways. He even sounded good on the phone. 

After I hung up with him I called the girls and then focused on the night ahead. We were meeting them at seven so around five I decided to get ready. First focus of business was finding something to wear. I didnt want to throw on just anything but at the same time I didnt want to try to hard. 

I picked out a black v-neck t-shirt, some cut off jean shorts and my black Nike Dunks. It wasn't the cutest thing I could have picked out but it was good enough, we were just going to the mall. 

After I picked out my outfit I took a shower and did everything I needed before the girls got here around 6:30. Once I was done showering I didnt know whether to leave my hair up or down so I decided to keep it down in it's natural state and finished getting ready.

By the time I got the text telling me they were outside, I checked myself out in the mirror one more time, fluffed my hair, and grabbed my bag stuffing everything I needed inside such as my phone, keys and rushed out the house. My mom already knew I was going out so after I told her I was leaving I left and jogged down the steps and over to Danielle's car getting in the back. 

We all greeted each other and soon we were on our way to our destination.

"So are you ready for your date," Julianna asked.

"It's not a date."

They each had there own opinions on it, both Julianna and Danielle thought it was a date but Crystal like me was skeptical. I was skeptical because it was me, and she was skeptical because she claimed August didnt date. The whole car ride we chit chatted but the closer we got to the mall the more nervous I became. 

Once we pulled up and parked we all got out of the car and as we walked up to the entrance where we were supposed to be meeting him I trailed behind them. Even though I wasn't meeting up with August by myself I couldn't help but feel nervous. Wondering why I even agreed to go out with him. What would we talk about, what would we do? 

I glanced down at my outfit one last time, I looked so basic and boring. Compared to Crystal who was dressed in a red low cut skin tight crop top, red wedges, and a jean mini skirt.  Once we got to the front I looked down at my outfit once more. 

"Do I look okay," I asked them all. 

"You look fine," Danielle tried to reassure me but that didnt stop me from feeling nervous. Especially when I saw four figures approaching. The closer they got the more nervous I got. 

"Breathe Kashmere," I heard Julianna say and I let out the breath I was holding in. 

I kind of blended in behind the girls and once they got to us Crystal was the first to step up and greet them. I was glad that she was doing the talking because I don't think I could take if i could.

August greeted all of us girls as a whole and then introduced us to his friends. There was the boy I always say him with almost every time I seen him, his name was D and then there was Mike and lastly Bryant. 

They were all sort of cute but it was hard to even look at anybody else for to long when August was right in front of me staring me down. 

We all walked in the the mall and not even five minutes in I noticed how each girl had latched on to a particular guy.  Julianna and D, Danielle and Bryant, Mike and Crystal. It wasn't that much longer before Crystal and Mike disappeared on us. Soon enough our large group dwindled down until it was just me and August.