Chapter 4

August actually called me the next day to my surprise and we talked on the phone for close to two hours. He wanted to hang out with me again, alone this time and I agreed. We hung out that same night, he took me to dinner because I told him that I loved to eat. 

 We've hanging out for the past three weeks, on weekends and even on weekdays when we both were free. He was nothing like I thought he would be like, he was actually smart and funny and sweet and we had fun together. Laughing and cracking jokes one second, then going back and forth the next and sometimes there was some flirting but it was innocent, I didnt like him like that.....

Okay, I may have had a tiny crush on him. We've been spending a lot of time together and no boy has really ever taken the time to get to know me like he has. Not all there faults, I never let a boy get that close to me but August was different.  The more time we've spent together the more I realized deep down I may have some sort of feelings for him but he was just so fine.

I caught him checking me out a couple of times but I've caught him checking out lots of girls so I didnt think to much of it. Sometimes he would flirt with me and I though that he liked me, like I liked him and then in the next five minutes he would talking to some other girl, flirting with her. It only made me realize that maybe I was ready for a boyfriend and as more time passed, no matter my dumb crush I knew that boy wasn't August. 

The girls thought it was weird that we became friends out of the blue but we got along, connected. They didnt understand and to be honest I didnt either. Today we were headed to the mall since I was in need of shoes and he told me that he would take me. He was always volunteering to take me out. 

Today I decided to step it up and dress cuter than I normally did. The mall was the perfect place for me to meet boys and I was ready to give it a try. I picked out a black thin strap tank top, a skirt, some wedges, I even straightened my hair. I even put on more makeup than usual. 

I knew what I was wearing would stand out to him because usually I was dressed in shorts and baggy t's and sneakers, my go to style. I grabbed my cross body and gathered everything I needed and waited for him outside and up the street where I always told him to pick me up since I didn't want mom seeing me get into his car. 

He pulled up close to five minutes later and I got in his car and closed the door behind me and turned my attention to me. He was looking at my outfit with a frown on his face. 

"Why you all dressed up?"

See. I rolled my eyes, "This is not dressed up but if you must know I'm shopping...for boys."

"Boys," he looked so confused and slightly disgusted. 

"Yes, I want a boyfriend."

I couldn't read his facial expression but he caught me off guard with his next question.

"Why?"

"Because I just do, I'm sick of being single and today I'm going to find one."

"I doubt that."

"You'll see."

He didn't say another word. It was a twenty minute drive to the mall. Once we got out and headed inside I kept on the lookout but it was like boy or girl, all eyes were on August. The girls were mean mugging me and by now I was slightly used to it. 

I couldn't even blame them for there unneeded jealousy. No matter what August wore he always looked good. Me and him could be in mid conversation and all of a sudden random girls would come up, interrupting us just to flirt with him. It pissed me off, especially when August acted there was nothing wrong with it. They were all thirsty hoes and they had no shame and weren't fooling nobody.