The Crimson Tyrant: Chapter 4

"GEH! Prefect?!" Ace said in shock when he finally noticed the Dorm Perfect, who was glaring behind him. Other than the school uniform that he was wearing, his features were his red, mid-length hair that curves inward, V-shaped bangs covering his forehead, side bangs, and two strands of hair forming a heart on top of his head. He has a stern look and silver eyes.

"Hey there, Riddle!" Cater said happily, trying to break the ice

"Hey there, Riddle!" Cater said happily, trying to break the ice. "You look super cute today, too~♪"

"Hmph." Riddle just brushed it off like it was nothing and gave him a stern look. "Keep talking like that, Cater, and it will be off with your head, too."

"Come on now~ Please go easy on me~"

"Ah!?" Grim shouted, pointing at Riddle with a glare while he was on Hibiki's shoulder. "This is the guy who put that weird collar on me during the Opening Ceremony!"

"You two are the ones who caused a ruckus yesterday, aren't you?" Riddle said as he looked at Grim and Hibiki before crossing his arms while looking at Grim. "Would you refrain from referring to someone's unique magic as "a weird collar"? Good grief, the Headmaster is too soft. Letting someone off the hook for not following the rules once will break the foundation. All those who don't follow the rules should just say goodbye to their heads."

"His words definitely don't match his cute face..." Ace whispered out as Hibiki did a small quick nod in approval.

"The Headmaster may have forgiven you, but the next time you break the rules, I won't let you off so easily." he said harshly.

'Ouch...' Hibiki said in her head as she held Garnet, who was let out quiet warning growls.

"Um... By the way, Prefect..." Ace sheepishly said, pointing at the collar around his neck. "Is it possible for you to remove this collar?"

"He's not going to do that after what you've said in front of him..." Hibiki whispered to him, only for him to cover her mouth with his hand.

"She's right on that part." Riddle said to them. "I was thinking of removing it once you've repented, but judging from what you said a while ago, it seems like you've yet to do so. I'll have you walk around like that for a while longer."

"Way to go Hibiki!" Ace whispered angrily at her.

"It was your own fault!" she said back after removing his hand off her mouth.

"You don't have to worry." Riddle spoke, stopping the two from glaring at each other. "The 1st years' lessons are focused more on classroom learning rather than magic training. If you can't use magic, then something like yesterday's ruckus should be impossible. It's perfect, isn't it? Now, if you're done eating, hurry and go to your next class. Rule #271 of the Queen of Hearts: "You must not spend more than 15 minutes sitting at the table after you've eaten." You know what happens when you break the rules, don't you?"

"Another weird rule..." Ace sighed.

"Answer me with "Yes, Prefect!"" Riddle ordered.

"Yes, Prefect!" Ace, Deuce, and Hibiki said in unison.

'Why did I say that, I'm not even in their Dorm!' Hibiki scolded herself in her head.

"Good."

"Now, now." Trey finally butts in. "I'll see them off, don't worry."

"Hmph. You're the Vice Prefect, so you better do your job properly." Riddle said to him. "As stated by the Queen of Hearts' Rule #339, "After-meal lemon tea should have nothing more or less than 2 sugar cubes in it." In order to protect that rule, I shall need to buy more sugar cubes at the school store. I'll be taking my leave now." he then walked off as he whispered. "Good grief, the sugarpot running out of sugar cubes is a capital crime..."

'He's like a walking rule book...and if anybody breaks even one they'll get punished.' Hibiki thought as she placed her hand where her heart is. '......I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this.'

Drip Drip

'Huh?' she heard a strange ripping noise and looked around, seeing that nobody heard it. 'Was that water dripping? No...then anybody could have heard it.' she then looked on the ground and saw two strange black liquid, splattered on the ground where Riddle was standing and formed together making it to a little puddle, she then looked up to see where Riddle was and saw the same strange black wisp surrounding him, that seem to be a little thicker than the one around the other one before it disappeared as did the puddle. 'What was that?'

"Man, that was scary...~" Cater said as he let out a breath of relief.

"He's really lookin' like a bad guy now, yanno?" Grim said, angrily.

"Hey, that's very rude!" Deuce scolded him.

"Did the Prefect leave...?" a voice was heard in a whisper, a few feet from them, it was the two Heartslabyul students, whispering to each other. Though, they were hiding their lunch from their view as they were shaking nervously.

"I completely forgot to follow Rule #186: "Never eat hamburg steak on Tuesdays." so I was wondering what he'd do if he found out..." the first student said as he uncovered his lunch.

"Giving us a bit of freedom won't hurt him, you know?" the second student sighed out.

'They seemed to be troubled by Riddle-senpai's rules.' Hibiki thought and looked around to see the other Heartslabyul students having the same troubled look on their faces. 'And it looks like their not the only ones..'

"............." both Cater and Trey didn't say anything when they heard what the students say.

"The Dorm Head managed to become the head one week after getting into the school." Trey said, getting their attention away from the other students. "He's a little bit sharp-tongued, but he's only got the dorm's best intentions in mind, so he's not really a bad guy."

"People who think like that don't just put collars on others." Grim plainly said.

"Ahaha..." Cater and Trey nervously laughed.

"It's your fault for going wild during the ceremony, Grim." Hibiki lightly scold him, pinching his cheek.

"Gggrnnnn....But that collar cuts off your magic, it's horrible and sucks." Grim grumbles.

"Speaking of, what exactly is a "Unique Magic"?" Hibiki said as she looked at the two.

"Hm? You mean Riddle's unique magic?" Cater replied to her question.

"Yeah that."

"Unique... Meaning, it's only exclusive to the Prefect?" Deuce asked.

"Putting aside all the other magic in the world, magic that can only be used by one person is called "unique magic"." Trey explained. "I think you'll learn about it in detail if you pay attention in class."

"Riddle's unique magic is being able to seal off another person's magic for a given time." Cater piped in. "It's called..."