The Rebel of the Savanna: Chapter 2

Headmaster's Office

After eating their lunch, the group headed off to the Headmaster's Office to talk to them about the Overblot accident. Headmaster Crowley was sitting at his desk, looking through some papers, mostly indicating what happened at the Heartslabyul Dorm. As he was looking through them, a knocking came from the double doors, making him turn his attention over there, knowing who it was.

"Pardon the intrusion, Headmaster." Deuce announced as he walked in.

"We're coming in." Ace said as he walked in next.

"Excuse us." Hibiki said as she was the last one to come in with Grim and Nova on her shoulders.

"You're all gathered here, I see. Now then, I'd like to get started quickly." Crowley said as he placed the papers down and got up from his chair. "This will concern the incident that happened in Heartslabyul Dorm the other day, but I figured that I should thoroughly explain it to you." he said as he looked at the floating pictures, he then turned his gaze to the group. "I figured that as fellow magicians, there is a need for you to be fully aware of the consequences that could happen."

"You mean, the Overblot, sir?" Deuce asked.

"Indeed, that's right."

"I've heard about it from my big bro before, but... I didn't expect that that'd happen during Overblot." Ace said. "It really was evil villain berserker mode, huh."

"Hey, what does "Blot" mean in the first place?" Grim asked.

"Yeah, you've mentioned something about that before when you wanted to talk to me about my magic before Ace and Riddle's battle." Hibiki mentioned. "But you didn't fully explain it."

"Oh, that's right. I have to start explaining that for both of you." Crowley said. "Then, let me tell you. For I am gracious~"

"He's going to keep saying that isn't he?" Ace whispered.

"He's like a parrot.." Deuce sighed out in a quiet tone.

"I feel like he's going to say it all the time." Hibiki muttered.

Crowley clears throat before speaking. "Blot is akin to "wasted material" that accompanies each magic use," he explained. "Let's take this for example. An automobile needs fuel in order to move, and at the same time it is used, smoke comes out from the exhaust pipe, correct? And for when magical energy is used, blot occurs at the same time... Would that be easier to understand in that sense?"

"In other words, it's kind of like an exhaust pipe for magic?" Hibiki said and groaned in discomfort. "I feel like it won't be good for the body..."

"Exactly. There have been present and older historical records of research being done about it, however it's still largely a mystery. There is only one thing we are certain of." Crowley said. "It is highly toxic and once it is used too much, it can greatly harm one's mind and body."

"Oh, yeah. I remember my granny telling me: "Don't use your magic so willy-nilly if you don't want to Blot!" or somethin' like that?" Ace said.

"Such great powers go hand-in-hand with incomparable risks." Crowley added on. "Not even the greatest magicians have an unlimited supply of magical energy."

"In other words, the more you use magic, the more it becomes bad for the body!?" Grim said, clutching onto Hibiki's shoulder in fear, making her flinch as his claws were digging in her skin.

"Grim...your claws....unclench please.." Hibiki strained out in pain.

"No, not completely." Crowley answered, making both of them sigh in relief for different reasons. Crowley thought for a moment to find an easier way to explain it. "Hm... I feel like it would be easier to understand if I showed you a demonstration rather than just explaining using words. Oh, ghosts! I have a little job for you!"