The Girl of His Dreams

summary: In which Harry has the biggest crush on Gemma's best friend....

(hiii, here's 3k+ words of pure fluff)

...

Harry knew from the first moment he'd meet her, he'd marry Y/N.

"Mum! I made a new friend today!" a nine year old Gemma yelled as she walked through the threshold of her home, dropping her backpack and coat by the door to be picked up later. Anne smiled at her eldest child's announcement, knowing well enough how hard it was for Gemma to make friends since she was such a shy girl.

"That's amazing, my love. Why don't you tell me all about them when we go pickup Harry from football?" Anne asked, knowing Harry loved to hear all about his cool big sister's day at school and friends. Gemma nodded her head with a cheeky grin, (she herself knew of Harry's love of her tales from school) and went to her and Harry's shared play room to entertain herself for the next hour or so.

"Gemma! Let's go pick up Harry!," Anne yelled at the bottom of the stairs, waiting a few more seconds than usual since Gemma decided to be stubborn today, "Remember that once we've picked him up you could tells us about your friend." At the mention of telling her family of the new friend she'd made, Gemma leaped off her bed and ran down the stairs where her mother waited with her coat in hand. "It's still a bit chilly my love, so please put on your coat." Anne said, handing the coat over to her daughter who put it on quickly.

The car ride to Harry's football club was full of Gemma grinning like the Cheshire cat, and Anne smiling in the review mirror laughing in her head.

"Mummy? Mummy! Gem!" a six year old Harry yelled as he ran towards his mother and sister. Green eyes beaming at his mother as she picks him up, his feet dangling sightly. Gemma watched from a foot away smiling at her baby brother who she adored even though he told their mum she was a drug dealer to get her in trouble.

Once Harry and Gemma were all settled in the car and Anne had the heater on, Gemma's grin returned. "Okay, Gem. Now you can tell us about your new friend." Anne said, rolling her eyes playfully.

"You made a new friend, Gem?" Harry asked, eyes wide with excitement at the possibility of hearing a new story.

Gemma nodded her head, her grin slowly reaching from ear to ear. This was the first time Harry had heard about Y/N.

"Well first off, her name is Y/N and we were going over maths when she walked into our class room, because she's new, and the teacher chose to put her next to me since I'm the best in our class," Gemma pauses briefly and gives a look as if to say obviously, "And she was really nice! Her hair is so pretty, and it smelled like mint too!" Harry's head peaked up at this, he loved the smell of mint.

So for the remainder of the car ride home, Gemma talked all about Y/N. How she was really quiet at first, but then opened up after Gemma offered to lend her her pretty pens. Anne had a smile on her face the entire time. Finally! She thought to herself. A friend who seemed to relate to Gemma, and was nice!

Harry on the other hand was absolutely fascinated hearing Gemma talk so highly of someone. Though he was a few years younger than Gemma, he knew it was hard for his big sister to makes friends since she was so shy and quiet. Harry was more outgoing and always cracking jokes and what not to make people laugh or even just smile. Harry knew this friend would be good for Gemma. He hoped he'd get to meet her soon.

...

Harry didn't meet Y/N until four years later at Gemma's thirteenth birthday party.

For the past four years he had to hear all about how great Y/N was, and how she and Gemma had so much fun together. He spent many days begging Gemma to meet her, but Gemma knew if they met Harry would want Y/N all for himself. Y/N had a personality that just draws people in. Despite her shy outside persona, she was a bubble of energy and always up for a conversation. Whether it was about the process of making the perfect chocolate chip cookie, or how to fold a fitted sheet, she could get you engaged in the conversation.