Girl of His Dreams (b)

summary: In which Y/N watches Harry's X-Factor audition for the first time....

...

Two weeks ago Y/N moved to Oxford.

One week ago Harry had auditioned for the X-Factor, and Y/N still hadn't seen the video.

It's not like she didn't want to, she was just worried that the moment she saw Harry walk out on that stage she'd break down. She wished she could've been there to hold his hand and tell him not to worry, that everything'd be fine. But she couldn't. She and Harry agreed they wouldn't contact each other unless she was in Holmes Chapel for whatever reason. (Now that Y/N thinks about it that deal was really stupid because all she wants to do is call Harry, but she can't!)

C'mon Y/N! Put on your big girl panties and watch the damn video! You know how much this means to Harry, Y/N thought to herself as she opened her computer and clicked the link Gemma had sent her.

"M'Harry Styles, I'm sixteen, and from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire."

That was all it took for Y/N to start crying. She hadn't heard his voice in two weeks, and it absolutely crushed her. She missed his curly hair and his beautiful green eyes she always loved. When she noticed the scarf he was wearing, she coughed out a laugh through her tears. That was her scarf. She had given it to him when he was eleven and she had caught him singing in the bathroom when he didn't lock the door. She told him "wear this when you become a rockstar, it'll let me know you still remember me." She didn't think anything of it at the time, but the fact that he remembered and kept it? It made her cry harder.

"I sing in a band with my friends from school called White Eskimo."

Y/N smiled when he mentioned his band. He had been annoying her and Gemma for a solid three weeks trying to come up with a name for the band. Y/N had suggested the word Eskimo when she had heard it while watching Heathers, and thought it would go nicely in a band name.

"Eskimo? What's that?" Harry had asked. Not exactly trashing the idea, but not accepting it either.

"I'm not completely sure, honestly. Just heard it in a movie and thought it might be cool." Y/N shrugged while resting comfortably on their couch in the living room. Y/N, at the time, didn't think much of Harry. All she really knew about him was that he was Gemma's brother, and had a bit of a staring problem. If Harry didn't use her suggestion, big deal he'd probably think of something better anyways.

But Harry wanted to use her idea. Thought maybe he'd score some brownie points with her if he did, (in a way he kind of did) so he kept it in mind and boom. White Eskimo was born.

"We entered a battle of the bands competition about a year and a half ago, and we won!"

Y/N remembers that day perfectly. Harry begged her to go, and after a week of asking she finally gave in. Told herself it was just to shut him up, but deep down she knew he'd look like a cutie singing his heart out for such a big crowd of people. Remembers that when they won the first person Harry looked for in the crowd was her. The memory seems like it was decades ago when it was only less than two years ago.

"M'Harry Styles."

Such a show business name, she thought to herself.

"What are you going to sing?"

"I'll do Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder."

Y/N's heart dropped at the name of the song. She had told Harry years ago that Isn't She Lovely was her favorite song by Stevie Wonder because her dad used to sing it to her when she was a kid and couldn't sleep.

"He remembered..." she said aloud to herself, making the statement feel that much more real.

"I don't think you have enough experience or confidence yet."

"Well how the fuck is he supposed to get the experience if you don't say yes to him!" Y/N exclaimed to her computer screen, not caring if her neighbors on either side could hear her. Harry was the most confident person she knew.

"Harry, for all the right reasons I'm going to say no."

"Oh fuck you, Louis!" Did Y/N sound silly? Yes. Would her and Gemma probably ganged up on the guy? Most likely. But with Simon and Nicole saying yes, it meant Harry would move forward in the competition. So against her better judgement, Y/N decided to text Harry.

Just saw your audition tape, you did amazing, Haz!! Good luck, and please take of yourself.xx :)

P.s. thank you for wearing the scarf, you'll always be my rockstar.x

When Harry got the text he was just getting ready for bed, but all the sleepiness left his body at once when he saw who the text was from. He smiled and laid down on his back, looking at the ceiling.

Even if they were three hours away from each other, Harry had no doubt in his mind that this was the girl he was gonna marry.

...

(a/n: proofread.)

-lola.xx