Rory and Jess II

summary: harry decides english may be his favorite class, and y/n really can't stop turning red

***

Harry couldn't help the grin that formed on this face as he walked from his calculus class to english.

Typically he scowled when he made the two minute journey when he walked from the math department to the english department, but after this new found fondness for a certain bright eyed girl, he was in a much pepper mood.

"What are you smiling about, Harold?" Zayn, his best friend, spoke as he walked out of his classroom as Harry walked past, the smile on Harry's face alarming him slightly.

"Jus' happy to go to english." Harry replied breezily, his pace picking up slightly so he could get to class quicker.

"You? Happy to go to english? Okay who's sucking your dick in that class?" Zayn scoffed as he hurried his own steps to keep up with his friend before him.

"No one's sucking my dick, jus' recently met someone I think makes the class more interesting," he mumbled as he arrived at Mrs. James classroom, shooing Zayn away before running his fingers through his hair slightly before walking in.

Y/N is sat (unsurprisingly) right in the front of the room near Mrs. James, the two talking quietly as Y/N points to a paragraph in Romeo and Juliet.

As Harry approaches he gets wind of the middle of their conversation, "I just think Tybalt's death was more sad than Romeo's or Juliet's, I'd much rather reads a whole play about him than those two idiots," Y/N says as she looks up at the older woman who just smiles and nods in return.

Harry was shocked at her being so blunt, especially in front of a teacher, but the smile on his face showed just how endeared he was.

"Took the words out of my mouth," Harry spoke as he sat in the empty seat next to the girl, flashing her a quick smile before reaching into his book bag to retrieve his own copy of the horrid book.

"Oh! H-Hi Harry," Y/N greeted the boy quietly, a rosy tint covering her cheeks and neck as she quickly looked back down to the printed words in front of her.

"Afternoon, Y/N. How's your day been?" he whispered as the class started to fill with more and more students, smirking to himself when he noticed her body relax when he got closer.

"I-It's been alright, g-getting better." she whispered back as Mrs. James crossed the room to turn off the light (the soft glow of some fairy lights illuminating the room) so everyone could focus on the projector screen before them.

Harry could've sworn he saw her slightly glance at him out of the corner of her eye when she said her day was getting better, and that just made his heart swell three times its normal size. "Yeah? Why's that?" he whispered with a shit eating grin, making it clear he already knew the answer to his own question.

"H-Harry...." she whispered again, giving him a wide eyed look that begged him to not make her say it out loud.

"Alright, alright, was jus' teasing love. You don't got to tell me anything you don't want to." he grinned as he noticed the pink tint on her cheeks.

Again.

"Okay guys, for our next assignment we're going to be working in partners," Mrs. James spoke before the class started talking loudly as students tried to find their closest friend to work with, "And before you find your bestie to work with, I am assigning your partners." she spoke as a chorus of groans filled the room.

Harry too was a little disappointed, for he wanted to work with Y/N.

(Not only would they definitely get an A, but then he'd get to spend some time with her outside of their stuffy english class).

As Mrs. James named the pairs for the rest of the class, the two quiet kids hearts beated loudly in their chests, both eager (and reluctant) to hear who they'd be assigned to work with.

"Harry and Y/N....Nicole and-"

Harry and Y/N.

Harry.

Y/N.

They were partnered together.

Harry turned his head slightly to steal a glimpse of the girl, only to be met with (now one of his favorite sights) her pink cheeks and wide eyes.

Harry loves english and making Y/N blush (even if he didn't do anything).

***