Chapter 7

<Julie! It's like I tell you, something's wrong!>

Luke, Alex, Reggie and Willie arrived at the studio greeted by Carrie's voice.
The girl was following Julie, continuing to repeat something to her.

Julie, on the other hand, looked really annoyed. She kept puffing, walking around the piano.

She was so wrapped up the conversation that didn't even notice the presence of the four of them.

<Carrie, this is the third time I've told you already. There's nothing wrong with Nick, the fact that he doesn't want to get back with you is not my problem.>

<Oh Oh, girl trouble> Reggie starts to walk away, nodding the others to follow him.
Luke covered his mouth with one hand. <Shh, I want hear>

They hid behind the front doors, putting their heads down to not being seen through the window.

Alex and Willie held hands, still shaken. Neither dared look at the other, as if they were afraid they were dreaming.

Willie couldn't shake off the feeling of fear that had hit him in the basement. The fear of not being able to see anyone, ever again, for eternity.

Having to stay silent for years.

Terror had tightened his throat for too many nights, making impossible to him to think clearly.

He couldn't understand how many days he had spent tied up, how long it had taken him to realise that the ropes that bound him had finally been untied, how long it had taken him to realise that Alex was really there and that it was not a hallucination.

One evening he had thought he had seen him, to reach him in the studio. He had thought he had seen Luke open the door for him, but she must have dreamt it. He must have...

Alex looked at him over his shoulder, squeezing his hand to make sure he was okay.

They hadn't been able to talk yet, and Willie was waiting until they were alone to do so.

It wasn't Alex who pulled him from his thoughts, but Luke.

A sound very much like a growl went through him, just as a middle-aged man approached the door of the studio.

<What's he doing here?> whispered Luke, following him with his eyes as he approached.

Alex and Reggie looked at the man with the same furious gaze as Luke did. So Willie deduced it was Bobby, their bandmate who had stolen their songs.

Bobby walked straight into the studio, followed by the jingle of his necklace. <Carrie, it's time to go.>

Julie and Carrie were still arguing. Both of their cheeks were red with anger and they were looking at each other.

Carrie had arrived at the studio with the intention of warning Julie.

She had noticed Nick's strange behaviour and, when she had tried to talk to him, he had treated her like a stranger.

Yet Julie didn't seem to see the difference, and accused her of coming there because of jealousy.

Before her father arrived Carrie had tried once more to warn Julie.
<Julie, you have to listen to me. Nick would never act like this, I know him.>

<Maybe not well enough..>

<Carrie!> Bobby called out to her for the second time, tapping his foot on the floor.
<We're going to be late if you don't move, let's go!>