Cranky Baby

Gabby's POV: After spending the last hour with our friends and eating supper, I started to hear Matteo cry. It wasn't just a normal hungry cry, it was a hungry and tired cry. I went to get up and looked at him before picking him up in my arms. "Hey buddy, you okay?" I moved to rock him but he wouldn't stop. I then moved to kiss his head and sighed, looking at Matt who was talking with Severide.

Matt then started to hear Matteo cry and looked at me. "He okay?" He then walked over to me and then looked at Matteo. "I think we've stayed too long. It's been a couple hours since he took a nap. Well slept. We haven't gone home since yesterday. Between the hospital, the district and now here...he is exhausted." Matt then turned to look at the firehouse.

"Guys, I think this means we are leaving." Matt then walked over to Boden and smiled. "I'll be back as PIC in a while okay?" Boden nodded and Matt was about to talk again when I stopped him. "Matt, we need to go. He needs to get to bed. We just had supper. We haven't been home in almost 2 days now." Matt nodded and turned around. "Of course."

He then walked over to me and smiled as he looked at Matteo. We then put him back in his car seat before turning to look at our friends. "We'll be back to visit soon. Right now, I just need to digest this news and take time with my family." Everybody nodded and smiled. "See you soon Matt." Boden said as we left the room. 

Matt smiled as he wrapped his arm around me, leading me out of the firehouse for the first time as Paramedic-in-Chief. I was just glad we were going home. We need to talk about all this. It's a lot to digest.