Chapter 13

Oliver P.O.V

After I got into the area where the robbery had taken place, I found the frightened hostages, the robbers dead on the ground, and no sign of Percy. There was one hostage that had been shot by one of the robbers as well, and I pieced together what had happened. I know Percy had probably felt guilty, and felt as if I would  be mad at him, so he ran away. I understood more than anyone though, because I had done the same thing before. Sometimes after you've been through a  lot, you get demons, and you snap, you can't control it and bad things happen. I freed the hostages and retuned to the bunker, hoping to find Percy. He wasn't around, what a surprise. He was either at the house or with his Avenger friends. I just wanted him to know that I didn't blame him, and that it wasn't his fault. I had some reports to fill out about what had happened, as usual. 

As soon as I finished, I went back to the house and looked everywhere for Percy, which meant he was probably with the Avengers. It was late, so I decided to call them tomorrow, which would also give Percy some time to cool off.  If anyone was to blame about what had happened, it was me, I had brought him with me in the first place, I mean he could have been killed! He's strong and a good fighter, but he's not in a good place mentality, I mean, his parents were just killed and he had been through who knows what else. 

The next morning I had to return to the bunker and meet with some of my friends to talk about other things, and it was noon before I had got home and remembered to call about Percy. I dialed a number and someone picked up,

"Hello?" someone said.

"Is my nephew there?" I asked

"Yes, but he's busy right now," said the man on the other end of the phone.

"Okay, I'm coming to get him. Tell him that I don't blame him for anything that happened, or for running away," I said.

"Of course," The man responded and hung up the phone. I made myself a sandwich for lunch and headed down to the avengers tower. 

When I got to the area, I decided to give Percy a bit more time with his friends, and walk around a bit. I did not expect to see someone familiar though, 

"Roy!" I called out, seeing Roy Harper aka Arsonal.

"Oliver! What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm picking up my nephew, the one I told you about, what about you?" I asked him.

"Oh yeah, I was going to hang out with Jason in a bit, Percy Jackson's his name, right?" He responded.

"Yeah, I'm going to get him now, but see you back in Star City, okay?" I told him.

"Okay, see you in Star City! I want to meet him by the way!" He called as I walked back to the tower.

Loki P.O.V

I sat with Perseus on the floor of the training room. He seemed so broken... I wish I could do something to ease his despair. I'm not very good at comforting people, so I just sat next to him and hesitated a second before throwing my arm around his shoulders. He nestled close to me, buried his head in my shoulder, and let out a sad, shuttering sigh that broke me on the inside. He sounded so... broken and hopeless. Suddenly the speaker in the training room crackled to life

"Hey kid, your uncle is here to pick you up!" Tony's voice called through the speaker.

Percy sighed again, then stood up and offered his hand to me, I took it and he hauled me to my feet. "I'm sorry Loki, I should probably go..." He started. I came forward and kissed him quickly he hesitated for a moment before kissing me back deeply. I ran my hands into his hair and I felt him grin a bit. We broke the kiss for air and Percy kissed me back again. I nipped at his bottom lip and he opened his mouth slightly. The speaker squawked again,

"Kid stop sucking face with reindeer games and get up here!" Tony said, sounding quite amused. Percy pulled away and blushed.

"I forgot they probably had security cameras," he said grinning, "I should really go though."

"I know," I told him, "I'll miss you Perseus, stay safe and be back soon. M-Maybe next time you come over here you would like to get dinner with me?" 

"Of course Loki, that is if you stop calling me Perseus, it's just Percy," He said as his lips brushed against mine quickly. "Wish me luck!"

"Ah, I don't think you need luck when you have the power of sass on your side," I called to his retreating form as he left. 

"So... you too dating now?" Clint asked hanging halfway out of the vent.

"That's none of your concern," I said using magic to teleport back to my room.

Percy P.O.V

I was still grinning inside, Loki wanted to go on a date with me! On the other hand I might not survive until then... I know Oliver said he wasn't mad... or at least he told Steve that on the phone. I mean if I were him I would be mad. I snapped! I killed two people! Sure the were criminals, but they were mortals! I'm the one to blame... and I couldn't even stop them from killing one of the hostages as well. Suddenly all the happiness I had felt from being with Loki vanished as I thought about what had happened again.

I made my way to the kitchen area where Tony had said that they would be. I saw Oliver leaning on the counter talking with Tony, Steve, and Bucky. 

"Hey Oliver..." I said hesitantly.

"Percy, thank god! I'm sorry if I made it feel like you had to leave because you made a mistake, it was my fault if anyone," he said inspecting me up and down for signs of injury. 

"You didn't make me feel like I had to leave," I said,  "I messed up bad! You should be mad, hell you should lock me up!"

"Hey, hey Percy, I know what it feels like... I've messed up badly before... done things I wasn't proud of..." Oliver trailed off sadly.

"No, I'm sorry for leaving," I said awkwardly, suddenly aware that Tony, Steve, and Bucky awkwardly standing there. "Soo, guys this is my uncle, Oliver, but I guess you already met him," I said.

"Yeah, he's cool," Tony said, "Now are we going to talk about you and reindeer games?" 

"Wh-What?" I asked at the same time that Oliver asked,

"Who's reindeer games?" and Steve and Bucky asked, 

"Wait Percy and Loki?"

"Umm, reindeer games is Loki, and Loki is... my boyfriend, I guess, I mean he asked me out," I said quickly explaining.

"So I leave you alone for like one day and you have a boyfriend?!" Oliver exclaimed, "I mean, do I even want to know why he's called reindeer games?"

"Well for one he's a very nice guy, and two only Tony calls him reindeer games," I replied.

"Not that nice of a guy, he used to want to take over the world, he sent the Chitahuri attack if I recall, and killed 80  people in two days!" Oliver exclaimed.

"He's good now! He's an avenger! They don't just let anyone become an Avenger!" I argued back.

"Fine, fine, but I want to meet him and if he breaks your heart I swear I will put an arrow through him, actually, more than one arrow," Oliver said.

"That's fair, I'll take what I can get," I smirked.

"See you guys soon!" I called to Tony, Steve, and Bucky as I hefted my duffel bag over my shoulder and headed out to Oliver's car.

And that's a wrap! How'd you like this chapter? sorry this took so long, but I hope you loved it! Make sure to like and comment! Have a great day or night and happy reading!

-Nico_diAngelo_islife