Chapter 6

Percy P.O.V

They went to Oliver's insanely large house and Oliver led him to a plain, but large room and told him to make himself at home. Not long after he left Nico materialized out of a shadow. 

"Are you already stalking me?" he asked but Nico seemed to be looking off into the distance, as if he were a bit disoriented. 

"Of course not darling, I simply wanted to check on your well being," a silky voice spoke from behind him, laced through with a playful element. He jumped forward, not knowing why he hadn't sensed the god behind him. 

"What the hell Loki!" He complained. "Both of you need a lesson in personal space!"

"Sorry to scare you Perseus," said Loki with a grin on his face, not looking sorry in the slightest bit. 

"How's your uncle, Perce?" Nico asked a suspicious edge to his voice as he rested his hand on the hilt of his sword. 

"It's fine Neeks, he seems good so far, he's nice but I can tell he's hiding something, like he has a big secret. I'll let you be the first to get a swing at him if he turns out to be someone entirely different." He promised the son of Hades who just scowled in response, still very clearly making it aware that he thought Percy should come back to camp. 

"Like a bad secret, or a good secret?" Loki asked intrigued and also sounding suspicious. What was up with everyone seeming so protective of him recently? He'd saved the world at least two times, he could take care of himself. 

"Noting bad probably," he said. "I haven't told him about they godly side of things yet so I'm not the only one keeping secrets and I'm in no position to judge him for it." 

Nico crossed his arms and scoffed. "I don't like the idea of him having secrets from you." 

"I could find out for you, I am quite skilled at taking a dive into the minds of others," Loki said with a glimmer of  mischief in his eye. Nico actually started nodding at that 

"You know I wasn't to sure of you at first but I think that's actually a good-"

"No! We are NOT going to be going through my uncle's mind and you two need to be leaving now before I have to explain why there's either two random guys that suddenly appeared in my room or why I sound like I've snapped and started talking to myself!" He says firmly, pushing Nico towards the same shadow he entered by. The teen stood there warily, not wanting to leave, so Percy gave him a quick hug. 
"I'll be fine Nico, I promise, I'll IM you if somethings wrong, I'll be fine, he's just a mortal, not a god, not a monster, I can handle it."

"Yeah, yeah I know..." Nico said turning to go. "We miss you, you know, around camp." he said, glancing back at Percy "And what I've learned recently is that it can be a good thing to have someone worrying about you." And with that he shadow traveled away. Leaving Loki alone in the room with him. 

"Thanks for helping me with the nightmare," he said, turning to the god, "And just for being there for me to talk to."

"Your welcome Perseus," he said. "For what it's worth, I think you should listen to Nico, and, if you need me at all while you're here-" he said, waving a hand and materializing something out of green light that he placed into Percy's hand, letting his own hand linger for a bit longer than necessary, savoring the contact. "-just hold it tightly and whisper what you need." 

"You and Nico just don't get it," Percy said with a grin as he pulled his hand away and surveyed the small green emerald before pocketing it. "I can take care of myself you know." 

"That's not the point Perseus." Loki said simply with a fond sort of smile on his face. "The point is that you don't need to just take care of everything yourself anymore." And then he was gone in a shimmering green mist, leaving Percy to wonder if he was every really there at all, the only reminder being the small crystal in his pocket.