Chapter 10

*sobs in I just wrote the most beautiful, tender, sweetest fucking scene for this chapter but it all deleted bc I switched to another chapter and clicked out of the 'you have unsaved work' notice before doing it 😭 I did the best  I could to write it again and this is also a completly new chapter that never existed before because I had angsty midnight thoughts and had to act on them.*

Loki POV:

He was reading a copy of The Odyssey when he felt a sudden tug in his chest. Somewhere, one of the items he enchanted was activated. Puzzled, he set the book aside and tried to think of which item could have been activated when he heard a Percy's voice in his mind, raw and laced with pain, 

"Loki, if you're there, I need you." 

With no hesitation, he immediately jumped up and teleported to the source of the magic (Rewrite a/n: I know Loki's teleportation is barely, if at all, explored in the movies and the show, but it is in the comics so zip it!) He appeared in a dark room and whipped his head around to see Percy, sunken down into the bed, covered in blood, with one bloody hand gripping the crystal. 

"What the hell happened?" He asked, feeling a slight panic arise in his chest. 

"The dreams, what else?" Percy said, attempting a grin, but wincing in pain. 

"Well are you alright? That looks terribly painful," He asked unhelpfully as he surveyed the damage. 

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock," Percy said, his usual sass creeping back into his voice. "Can you go into my bag and grab the flask that should be in there?" 

He quickly rifled through the bag and found it, moving to Percy's side to hand it to him. When he took it, he smeard some of his blood across Loki's hand, he looked down at it, growing more concerned with each passing minuet. Percy shakily unscrewed the lid and gulped down the contents. Loki though he could snarkily point out that if it was liquor he should be using it to clean his wounds, not drink, but thought his attempt at humor might be poorly timed. 

"What was that?" he opted to ask instead. 

"Nectar, the drink of the gods. It will start healing me, take away some of the pain, and give me a little extra strength, but it won't heal me enough," He said, shifting up into a sitting position and gasping in pain. 

"What do you need me to do?" He asked, feeling utterly useless. It was a new feeling for him, usually he thrived in chaotic and high intensity situations, but he felt cold fear slip through his blood and start to grasp around his heart. He realized it was because he'd started to grow quite fond of the demi-god even though he'd only known him very briefly. It wasn't the fondness of admiration for the heroic figure who's stories he'd heard, but rather a deeper, more inexplicable fondness, a yearning to be near Percy, to just be in his presence. 

"I need to get to the water before I end up bleeding out," Percy said, gritting his teeth as he swung his legs over the side of the bed. Loki wrapped one of Percy's arms around his shoulder, gripping his forearm with one hand so it wouldn't slip, and snaking his other arm around the demi-god's waist to further support him. 

Percy slowly tried to stand and almost immediately collapsed with a groan of pain. Loki pulled him up and supported most of his weight as they slowly made their way into the bathroom. He gently set Percy down on the floor of the shower and stepped back before turning on the water. He watched as Percy gasped a little when it first flowed over him, but then his skin began to knit back together and the gaping wounds disappeared, leaving only pale white scars behind to show that they were ever there. 

Percy seemed to stay like that for a moment before addressing Loki. 

"I know I may look like an angsty fuck-boy right now, but could you turn off the water?" He asked, his voice raspy but a playful snark to it. Loki allowed himself to grin briefly as he turned off the water before growing serious again. Percy had slumped back against the wall of the shower, closing his eyes and leaning his head back, he looked exhausted and utterly defeated.