Chapter Six

Yamaguchi always dreamt a future for him and Tsukishima. He imagined an apartment in the big city, both boys waking up at the same time. They'd eat breakfast, brush their teeth while laughing and share a kiss before going separate ways to work. There was a choice between a dog or a cat, maybe both? No kids, Tsukishima wasn't a big fan and had shown this in various ways, "I don't understand how people can put up with being parents, it's such a huge role and everyone looks at you differently like no thank you," he had laughed. 

Now that dream could come crashing down at any second. If it came with the unwanted answer, then Tadashi would blame himself for how useless he was. The young boy had a huge heart, and he didn't like the idea of rejection from close ones. If Tsukishima didn't want a kid, if the answer show's so, then he'd get an abortion despite how badly he would want to keep it. But Tsukishima was his one true love, someone who he'd kill for or be killed for.

He slipped down his bathroom door, taking deep breaths to ease his growing anxiety. The pregnancy test was situated on the sink. Yamaguchi wasn't prepared to see the results, he wasn't sure he ever would be. 

Two minutes. He's got two minutes until his life could change. 

Those two minutes went by faster than anything has ever before. The freckled face boy felt like his heart could explode from how fast it was beating. He really wasn't ready, the fragile male had tears already forming in his eyes before he looked down.

That's when he really started to cry, fountains streamed down his face. There was only one line, he cried from relief and happiness. The thought of it being false-negative never crossed his mind, although it should've.

...

"Hinata! It was false, I'm okay! It really is just an uncommon stomach bug," he told the ginger over the phone. Hinata chuckled at Yamaguchi's sentence. Although, it was almost a sad chuckle. The short boy honestly didn't understand why his friend was so excited about this. Shoyo always wanted a kid, maybe two. Even Kageyama agreed to try sometime in the future after they graduated Karasuno College. 

"That's good I guess?" he plainly responded. Yamaguchi picked up on the sort of force in his voice and instantly went to question it.

"Are you okay? You don't sound like it's really good?" he asked.

"No, no! It's good that you aren't, you know.." he trailed off, not really knowing how to continue his embark. "Uhm, I gotta go. Me and Kageyama are going to the beach downtown for a picnic so I'll talk to you later". They said goodbye then hung up.

Tadashi pulled together a small meal for him and Tsukishima before the older came to his house. He chucked some fries in the air fryer along with a couple sausages each. Simple yet everything they need. 

The two sat on Yamaguchi's star bed. They both slowly ate their dinner while watching an episode of AOT. That was until the shortest felt a wave of nausea rush over him, causing him to rush to the bathroom in time to throw up the dinner he just ate. Tsukishima rubbed his younger boyfriends back as he emptied his stomach.

"Hey, it's okay baby.. it's okay" he told his crying boyfriend. Yamaguchi looked at the bin before a thought crossed his mind, 'was it incorrect?'.