Chapter Ten

Tadashi ended up staying over at Suga and Daichi's apartment that night. He offered to take the couch but was turned down by the older couple. Both the silver and brown haired boy insisted they'd sleep in the living room while Yamaguchi slept in their bed. The freckled male was hesitant at first but caved in. So that night, Suga and Daichi slept on a spare mattress in the living room whilst Tadashi slept in the older ones bed trying to fall asleep which, by the way was near impossible. His mind kept wandering off to places he wish it wouldn't. Things like Tsukishima and places they used to go to. Like that one time in high school the two were walking down the beach until they came across what they now call their forever place. It was a small area covered with trees making it quite difficult to notice. They decorated it with lights and kept a blanket hidden somewhere for every time they would go there. The view of the ocean mixed with a thousand stars was a sight they would stare at for hours on end. While holding each other close, they watched as the waves washed up onto shore and the stars reflected on the foggy dark blue sea. He felt comfort there.

After what felt like an hour, Tadashi finally fell asleep. He didn't dream that night, nor did he have any nightmares. It was just black. It was quiet.

...

The next morning, Yamaguchi awoke to the smell of pancakes and bacon filling the cheap apartment. He quickly changed into more appropriate clothes before walking to the center of the smell. There, Koushi greeted the taller boy who just entered the room. Daichi was sipping on black coffee, reading some magazine that Tadashi had no interest in.

"How'd you sleep?" the silver haired boy asked.

"Fine I guess," he wasn't lying. After struggling to fall asleep, he actually managed to have an alright sleep. Sugawara smiled his motherly smile. He pushed back his tears. 

"That's good. You're welcome to stay anytime. Me and Chi don't mind," Yamaguchi recalled past events Koushi calling Daichi - Chi. So he didn't feel the need to question who 'Chi' was.

"Thanks Suga, it really means a lot. Epically with me being... You know?" and he did know. The three talked as they ate breakfast before getting ready for the day. They all said goodbye, Daichi and Sugawara exchanging a loving kiss making Yamaguchi a tad jealous, then parted for the day.

...

"Tsukishima?" an older voice asked through the phone. After many tries last night and this morning to call the younger male, he finally answered. 

"This is he?" Kei responded. Ukai moved around in his seat at the store. He'd planned everything to say to the taller boy but now that Tsukki had actually picked up, he had no clue what to say. So instead he just winged it.

"Look, this is Ukai. I know about Tadashi, I know that he's pregnant and that you don't want it. I understand how much pressure this must be giving you right now and that you cannot control it. It sucks, I know. But just listen" Keishin told him. Tsukishima just listened. "Tadashi is the pregnant one here. He has to deal with the pain and struggles of forming another human. I get it's hard for you but Yamaguchi is getting it 3x worse than you. I'm not scolding you, but don't leave Tadashi alone. The boy is probably dying without you. I know how much he relies on you, how much he loves you. I see it in his eyes everytime he looks at you. I made a mistake by leaving my loved one behind when they got pregnant. I didn't want to become a dad so I left her alone. Three months later I heard about the car crash and I haven't forgiven myself since. Please just at least talk to him,". Tsukishima held his phone to his ear with his mouth a gap. He didn't want to become a dad nor was he ready to. Maybe if he left then the problem would go away. But... 

He loved Yamaguchi, his heart swelled for the boy. His laugh, his smile, his scent, his personality, his ability on the court, just his presence alone made Kei want to hold the boy and never left go. He had been so stupid to do what he did. He left him alone when he needed him most. And now, it might be too late.

Run, stop, breath, run, jog, run, don't stop, he could be gone.