2

The Next Morning

4:28 am

Jimin POV

Morning came way too quickly for my liking. I hadn't gotten much sleep last night after I read all of the text messages. Every time I tried to close my eyes and get some rest, I saw him with the other man. It was frustrating, because I hate feeling vulnerable like this. Yesterday should've been the perfect reason for me to walk away from him with no regrets and yet...my heart was still struggling to let him go.

As I laid in the bed thinking about all the things my ex had wrote to me, my alarm clock suddenly rang loudly next to me. I jolted at the loud music, the tune of BTS' song 'Tomorrow' playing as I rolled over to shut it off with a sigh. Taehyung had set it last night before going to bed so that we wouldn't oversleep, but he had yet to budge an inch. I glanced over at his side of the bed and saw him sleeping peacefully.

"Time to get up Tae," I spoke, gently nudging his left shoulder. He groaned a bit but he eventually sat up, rubbing his droopy eyes groggily.

"D*mn, morning already? I feel like I just went to sleep fifteen minutes ago..." he yawned, itching his head lazily as he looked over at me. I chuckled at him before getting up to get ready for the day.

When I entered the bathroom I sighed softly, my gaze honing in on my messy bed head and tired eyes. There were bags under my eyes and the area surrounding my pupils was slightly red from lack of sleep and hours of crying the previous night. I willed myself to not think about Kwan or the boy I had seen him with at the restaurant, my hands rummaging around in my mirror cabinet to fetch my yellow toothbrush.

After I finished up in the bathroom I returned to my bedroom, snickering when I saw that Tae had fallen asleep again. I made my way over to the bed and flipped on top of him.

"Yah! You're going to crush me to death!" Tae whined as he wiggled under me.

"Then get your lazy booty up!" I giggled as I snuggled up to him.

"Fine. I'm up! Now get off me~"

Time Skip (1 hour)

Tae and I were currently in the car on the way to the dock. I still wasn't too thrilled about going but I didn't want my best friend to waste his money either. His gift had been thoughtful and expensive, so I was going to try really hard to have a good time.

"Okay it looks like we're about 10 minutes away now," he murmured as he glanced over at his phone.

"Good. Looks like we'll get there on time then despite somebody trying to sleep in," I teased.

"It's not my fault you take an eternity to get ready! I was waiting for like 20 minutes."

"I was not in there that long!"

"Yeah right. You just-! Oh no! My phone died..."

"How did your phone die?! You haven't even been using it that long!"

"I...might've forgotten to charge it last night..."

"I swear sometimes you are so irresponsible. Here just use mine," I replied as I handed him the phone. He held it in his lap as he pulled into a parking lot to enter in the address again.

"Is your password still 'chimmy'?"

"Yeah," I answered bashfully as I looked out the window. "I really should think about-" I cut myself off when I heard Tae gasp loudly beside me. "W-what?!"

"You read them!"

"Read what?" I questioned as I glanced over at the screen. My eyes grew wide as I saw the entire string of texts from Kwan on my phone.