3

Jimin POV

I sighed to myself as Jungkook walked out the door, my hands coming up to rub my face.

What am I doing? Did I really just flirt with him? Was he genuinely interested in me or just being nice? Why do I care if he is?

My head was all over the place right now. But it was clear that I needed to be doing a better job at not letting my feelings show. The deckhand had easily noticed that I was upset and I really didn't want Taehyung to see it. He had spent so much money, going through all the effort to arrange this cruise for me. At the very least I could pretend I was enjoying myself.

I began to unpack my suitcase, shaking my head at all the clothes that Taehyung had secretly stashed inside. His thoughtfulness did bring a smile to my face, however, as I set them on the bed in piles; sorting them into casual, formal, and absolutely not. A loud commotion from the upper deck caught my attention so I knew that they were preparing to leave the dock. I decided to finish unpacking later, closing my door before heading up the spiral staircase to watch the crew.

Taehyung must've heard them yelling, because he came up to the deck as well. I took a seat on one of the chairs, recalling Jungkook's warning from earlier about the ride getting bumpy once they moved. It was pretty exciting hearing them expertly call out to each other and communicate what they needed. Captain Bang was also at the head of the operation barking out orders and giving them hand signals. There were two men also unhooking the yacht from the deck, tossing the ropes into the ocean as the ship began to drift out to sea.

My gaze honed in on Jungkook immediately, observing his every movement. His large biceps flexed as he quickly pulled the ropes onto the deck before tying them securely to a metal bar. He then brought the floaties, which were shielding the side of the yacht from the dock, aboard and set them aside. Our eyes met briefly as he ran to the other side of the ship to raise the anchor, a gorgeous smirk gracing his mouth as he threw up a hand in my direction. I smiled as I gave him a small wave back.

"Whoa! What was that?" my best friend questioned from beside me as he smacked my shoulder.

"Ow! What was what?" I asked as I glanced up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What was with that look just now?" he pressed as he gestured towards Jungkook, waiting for my response expectantly.

"Huh?"

"You haven't even been on this yacht for an hour and you're already snatching up men!"

"What are you talking about?! There was no look and I'm not snatching up anybody, Tae," I giggled as I tucked my hair behind my left ear, my eyes returning to the lead deckhand who was now bent over as he rapidly turned the handle to bring up the long, heavy chain.

"Bullsh*t! I'm an expert at these things. He was totally giving you a look!"

"He was just being friendly," I insisted as I sat back in the chair.

"Yeah right. Friendly my ass! He definitely wants the Jibooty," Taehyung snorted as he crossed his arms, his eyes squinting skeptically at the younger.

"Pfft! Not everybody wants my ass, Tae," I laughed as nudged him off to the side.

"That's what you think! If I wasn't with Hobi, I'd be first in line to hit that glorious thing too," he joked as he gave me his best smolder.

"Shut the f*ck up you weirdo!" I giggled as I hid my smile behind my right hand, using my free one to hit his thigh playfully. "Besides you need to hold onto something or sit down before the captain starts steering this thing."