Chapter 8

Dorian and I walk hand in hand down the halls taking many turns until we are outside of the castle. "So, where are we going?" I ask him as I swing our arms back and forth and start to skip. "You'll see," Dorian tells me with a mischievous grin, I pout cause he won't tell me. I look around and see all of the flowers and reach my hand out to touch them. When I do a light emits from them, I shoot my hand back like I was electrocuted. Dori looks over at me and laughs "Those are fireflies, Maggie," he says as he reaches out to another flower and same light emits from it. He smiles down at me as I look up at him with curiosity. 

Dorian leads me farther into the gardens when I hear and awful noise. I immediately cover my ears and cringe away from it . Dori reaches down and picks me up and carries me the rest of the way. 

When he finally sets me down I look out and just see darkness, I look over at Dori and he is lying on the ground look up at the sky. I slowly lay down next to him and try to look where he is looking. It looks like diamonds are in the sky millions of them shining individually. Each of them look unique "What are they, Dorian?" I ask as I look over at him from an answer. "Those are stars, Clemmie" he says looking over at me briefly before look at the 'stars' again. 

I don't remember falling asleep until I wake up in my bed, I rub the sleep from my eyes as I throw my legs over the side of the bed. "Happy Yulemas, Magdelina," Maria says as she walks in with a smile on her face. I return the greeting as I walk over to her and hug her legs since I am too short. 

I run through the halls not caring about anyone's thoughts at that moment, I feel to much joy. It's Yulemas for god's sake! "CHAOL!" I yell as I spot him walking with a lady in the halls, I sprint over to him and hug his legs like I did Maria. "Happy Yulemas, Maggie," he says as he reaches down to pick me up and sets me on his hip. I look over at the woman next to him and recognize her as Lillian, Dori's champion. "Hi, Lilly," I say as snuggle closer to Chaol, "Her name is Lillian, Maggie," Chaol corrects me as Lilly gives me weird look. "I know," I tell him giving him a 'duh' look, Lilly laughs at the look I gave him. I grin over at her and try to get back to the floor. 

I give Lilly a small hug before I run off again to find Nehemia, I am still running when I run into someone. I let out a small 'omph' before I look up to see Nehemia, "Are you ok?" she asks me in Eyllwe. I nod my head before I give her a hug "Happy Yulemas, Nehemia!" I tell her as I take a step back. "And Happy Yulemas to you too, Firefly," she replies before she gives me a small kiss on my forehead.