Chapter 2

I get word when I wake up that Dorian has left to go get his Champion. Ress greets me at the door because today is the first snowfall. Ress and I walk out into the garden, we do this walk every year since I could walk. Ress is the kindest of the guards, my other favorite even though he isn't a guard is Brullo. He helped me learn a few self-defense moves and learn some weapons also. Ress picks a Camellia for me "For you, Your Highness," he says as he hands it to me "Thank you," I tell him as I delicately take the flower from him.

Once our walk is done Ress drops me off at my room and leaves after he kisses the top of my head. I walk in and I am greeted by Philippa I run over and give her a hug as she waits for me with open arms. She puts me in a red dress with long sleeves because of the weather. She also puts Ress's flower in a little vase with water, once she leaves I walk over to the desk and grab my book. I sit down on the beautifully crafted chair father gave me and lay my head down and look at the flower. It looks like a rose but with more petals and more rounded, it is also a pinkish red and still has a few leaves on it. After about an hour of reading Philippa puts me in a different dress. 

I thought it was so beautiful, I thank Philippa as I go to my mother to go to dinner

I thought it was so beautiful, I thank Philippa as I go to my mother to go to dinner. After dinner, there is word that Dorian will be back tomorrow.  I am now in my room so I change into a nightgown and walk over to my window, my window is going outward and there is a bench so I can kind of sit in the window. I lay my head back against the pillows I have piled up and look up at the stars. I have always loved the stars, mother said the reason is that the day I was born the stars were aligned for me to do great things. 

When I wake up in the morning I am in bed so someone must have moved me. Philippa is assigned, someone else so I have Maria instead. Maria fits me into a dress that is as green as the forest with lace sleeves that are the same color. According to Maria Dorian comes back in about an hour so I hurry up and eat breakfast. I look out the panes of glass to see Dorian riding on his horse waving winking and grinning at the woman, classic Dori. I roll my eyes and look behind him and find a woman riding on Chaol's horse, she looks familiar somehow. I hear a voice whisper the name "Aelin," I look behind me and find no one there, there is only one person I know of named Aelin, and she died. She was the princess of Terrasen, a country my father conquered wrongfully. I run down to the doors where Dori will be but slow down when I pass court ladies. I spot Dori welcoming her and then walking down the hallway "Dori!" I yell as I sprint forward to him and jump into his arms. "Maggy!" he says as he picks me up and hugs me close, Dorian has a lot of nicknames for me, Maggy, Clemmie, Butterfly, Flower, and whatever he can think of. I could only find two nicknames for him and they are, Dori, and Womanizer, I always giggle at the last one. Dorian is my favorite brother, Hollin is an ass, I never cuss in front of court ladies or important people except for Dori, Chaol, and Ress. They are the people I truly trust with all my heart. "How's the book?" he asks as he sets me back down "A-Mazing!" I say accentuating everything. "Good," he says as he kisses the top of my head and grabs my hand, and walks with me down the hallway. He takes me down to the training room where Brullo is at "Brullo!" I say as I run up and give him a hug too. He barely hugs me back before he turns his attention to something else. "Brullo's busy kiddo," Dorian tells me taking my hand and leads me out. 

A few days later I dress in a tunic and pants and head down to the training room, when I get there I see other people in there. Some of them just look ghastly, others look somewhat better one of them with grey eyes looks over at me and grins, I grin back at him. Chaol spots me and walks over and kneels down to my level "What are you doing here?" he asks looking around for Dorian or Ress behind me. "Well, since everyone loves to keep things from me I decided to find out myself!" I say as I stomp my foot down in frustration, Chaol just shakes his head slowly. I glower at him and pout my lip out "Princess's shouldn't be here," he tells me matter-of-factly. I stick my tongue out at him and pout my lip more with puppy eyes, it's heartbreaking. "Fine," he says as he mumbles something about putting a lock on my door I smirk, works every time. I follow him in and some of the councilmen are shocked to see me here so I put on my biggest prized smile at them. They shake their heads and chuckle, they all know my charm too well, I might have used it on them once or twice. I walk over next to Chaol as a woman grabs a sword from the racks as Chaol grabs me a chair. "Stay," he tells me with a stern look and walks over to the woman "On your guard!" he says as he gets ready, I roll my eyes at him, what kind of idiot says 'on your guard'? Chaol beats her easily, she stands up and walks over to the rack to grab a new weapon. She grabs the hunting daggers, but before they start Brullo comes. He calls them to attention "My name is Theodus Brullo, I am the Weapons Master, you name and where you hale from," he says as he points to a big burly man. "Cain, solider in the king's army, hale from the White Fang Mountains," he says. I shiver, the White Fang Mountains ghastly men.  The grey-eyed man's name is Nox Owen from Perranth, another conquered place. Brullo points to the woman Chaol practiced with "Lillian Gordiana, jewel thief from Bellhaven," she says as she grits her teeth. I hear a few snickers, asses.