☞Take the shot

"You don't go in until I say you go in, understand?" Your Sargeant paces in front of you. Everyone in your team is standing next to each other while they wait for other detailed instructions. "Halstead you're with Lindsay. Dawson you're with Y/LN. Olinsky and Ruzek I'll meet you in the back. Everybody if you get shot, you take the shot and we'll get you to the hospital before you die. I want that man dead and I want him dead today do you understand me?"

Everyone let's out a series of yes Sargeant before Voight dismisses you and you all pile up in the cars. You're about to follow Antonio to the car when you feel someone's grip on your forearm. "Be careful out there okay?" Jay looks at you with an uneasy look in his eyes, because he won't be able to cover you today. You used to be partners, but then Voight found out about you two and had to separate you and give you different partners. He didn't want to do it but everyone outside the unit has been pressuring him to do so.

"You take care too." You press your lips to his before pulling away and giving his vest a slap. "Make sure to get shot there." A shot in the vest will hurt and bruise for sure but it's better than having a gun stuck in your arm or something.

"Love you," He winks playfully, kisses you once more and dissappears into his car.

"Do not worry Y/N I'll keep him safe," Erin appears by your side and gives your shoulder a squeeze. You smile at her, "Oh what would I do without you Erin?"

Erin grins and opens her mouth to say something more but a car horn startles her and she runs to join Jay in the car. Annoyed because of the interruption you hop into the car. "Has your wife ever told you that's its not smart to interrupt women talking?"

Antonio casually starts the car and pulls onto the road with ease. "Yes she has but I think I have every right to interrupt two detectives who are talking instead of moving their asses to arrest a serious drug dealer."

"Alright you've got a point Antonio. You've got a point."

***

Antonio and you lean against the wall of the warehouse and wait for Voight to give you the green light so you can bust the door open. There's come kind of commotion going inside but none of them are caused by the police.

"Our side is clear," You hear Erin say in the intern. Antonio meets your eyes and shakes his head. You grip your gun in your hands and wait for the green light. Just as you're about to ask what's going on shots are fired and the commotion inside is at full blast.

"DAWSON, Y/LN GO GO GO!" Voight's loud voice gives you the impression that not everything is going by the plan he had in mind. Please be safe Jay. You think before Antiono busts the door open and the two of you join the loud party in the warehouse.

With your gun in front of you, you and Antiono enter the empty part of the warehouse. Shots can still be heard but just not where you are. The two of you share a look, Antiono brings two fingers in front of him and points to the right side. You nod and start walking in that direction. You notice the drugs on the table in the middle and calculate: there must be at least 45 pounds of heroin and God only knows how much more there is hidden somewhere in the warehouse.

You try to focus on the sounds from around you but there's just so many of them that aren't near you. You've spun around at least dozens of different times because you felt like the shots were behind you. Just as you're about to speak into your radio that your side is clear a man appears behind a big stack wodden pallets and aims his gun towards you. You duck and crouch behind other pallets and avoid the several bullets he sent your way. With calculated movement you stand up and shoot two bullets at him. He missed the second one but the first one went through his shoulder. The man yelps but doesn't give up as he continues to shoot his fire and then runs.