☞Newlyweds because of alcohol

It was a celebration day in the honor of your 1 year at Intelligence. You got to dress to impress.

At 8PM you were standing in front of your mirror and mentally preparing yourself to walk through the antique doors of the most amazing pub in the world. You wore a beautiful dress, your hair and makeup was done. You felt beautiful and you couldn't wait to let loose for one night with the people you love the most on this world.

Your Uber waited outside your building by Adam's orders. He strictly told you not to drive yourself there because he planned on getting you drunk out of your mind. The ride was quick and nerve wrecking. You never got drunk in front of your colleagues and you didn't know what to expect.

You stand in front of the pub and take deep breaths. "You got this man." You almost touch the knob to open the door when you pull away like it's on fire. "Stupid nerves." You turn around and see people walking down the street, feeling too embarrassed to stay outside and let those people watch you panic you don't think and swing the doors open.

"Everybody look who decided to join us!" Atwater shot up from his seat the moment you walked through the doors.

Several of your colleagues came to hug the bell out of you and others like Adam were a bit tipsy already. "SUP Y/N." Adam Ruzek held his hand out for you to shake firmly. You cringed when he gave your hand a tougher squeeze than you expected. You shake your hand in the air and flex your fingers after you pull away.

"Y/N."

"Jay Halstead," You grin at your partner before putting your crushed hand out. "Please don't crush my hand like Ruzek did."

"Who said that I was going to shake your hand," He smiles mischievously and wraps his arms around you. "Happy 1 year at Intelligence, partner."

You don't ignore the fact that your heart skipped a beat at this interaction, "I knew I liked you."

"Wait so you're saying that you didn't like me before this?" He follows you to the bar and takes a seat next to you. You order a drink that's strong enough to have both Jay and Otis who's at the bar today gaping at you.

You give them a look after you take the shot of alcohol in a seconds before turning back to Jay, "I didn't say I didn't-. You know what?"

Jay flexes his body as he leans against the bar and you do your best to ignore his muscles, "I hated your guts the first few weeks."

"You hated me?"

"Duh, of course I did. I mean, anyone in my place would," You start going down memory land of all the times Jay Halstead was a harsh senior detective dick towards you. "But don't worry, you earned back my love and appreciation." When I caught you changing in the locker room.

"Yea thank Jesus I did."

***

The night starts passing in a blur. A lot of alcholol is drank that Molly might be good with money for a whole week. Jay gave you twenty different cocktails to try throughout 60 minutes. Now alcohol and the atmosphere were morging into a mess of different faces and people. You briefly remembered dancing with at least six random guys before Jay approached you and not so politely told them to fuck off.

Then you and Ruzek had a drinking competition that had the whole Molly's focused on you. You remember Jay massaging your shoulders after each round and yelling "You got this partner!"

"No I fucking don't!" Your face was flushed from all the alcohol but Jay thought you looked adorable. "Ruzek I need... to...consult...my coach." You grab Jay by his collar and drag him to the other end of the bar. "I'm goin' crazy!"