Chapter One: Come Rest Your Bones Next To Me

Dream blinked, reaching up and rubbing his eyes in an attempt to try and rid the sleep from them. He stretched, letting out a quiet groan as he felt his back pop. His alarm has been going off for the past five minutes or so, but he was too exhausted to get up. Dream had stayed up late talking to George as he did a 24-hour stream as a way to celebrate 5 million subscribers.

Finally annoyed by the sound, Dream rolled onto his side before feeling around his bedside table. It took him a moment, but once he finally felt his phone, he grabbed it and ripped it off the charger. He opened his eyes a bit, squinting at the bright light illuminating from his phone, pressing the stop button at the bottom of his screen.

Dream sighed as he tossed his phone to the other side of his bed, closing his eyes and covering them with his arm, slightly nuzzling his face into the crook of his own elbow. He slowly started to let himself succumb to his tired state before being abruptly woken up by his phone ringing.

Dream wanted to ignore it, but he knew he shouldn't. What if it was something important? No one in their right mind would call somebody at 7:30am unless it was important. Dream groaned again, running his hand through his messy locks before sitting up in bed and looking around his bed for his phone. Once he spotted it, he picked it up and blindly hit the accept call button.

"Hello?" Dream's voice was low and raspy. He put his phone to his ear, laying back down and using his shoulder to prop it up against his ear.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" George's voice echoed through Dream's phone, his voice soft and so quiet it was almost a whisper. Dream smiled to himself, happy to hear George's voice even though he heard it not even three hours ago.

"No, no. It's okay. I've been up for about..." Dream cut himself off, moving his phone to look at the time then setting it back against his ear. "ten minutes." He heard George let out a soft sigh.

"Well, you sound really tired. I'm sorry for bothering you. You can go back to sleep if you want." Dream could tell by George's tone of voice that he didn't actually mean that. He could hear how disappointment seeped through George's words. Dream chuckled softly to himself, hearing George's tone of voice betray him. "What's so funny?"

"It's nothing." Dream moved his phone so he would be able to see it, noticing that George's camera is on. "If you really wanted me to go, then why is your face cam on?" Dream watched as George's face turned a shade of bright red. George mumbled curses to himself before turning to face his camera. He had his phone propped against his other monitor as he was doing something on his main one.

"It's just a force of habit, Dream." George rolled his eyes, biting on the inside of his cheek, before turning his face away and going back to whatever it was he was doing on his computer. Dream chuckled again, this time a bit louder.

Dream found himself running his eyes along George's jawline down to his neck. Oh how he wanted to kiss George there and possibly even make some marks so people know that George belongs to somebody already. Dream caught himself, his eyes going wide and his face flushing red as his brain caught up with his thoughts.

Yeah, it's true that Dream has feelings for George. He has had them for a while, actually. But that is something that George does not know about. And Dream hopes that it will be something that George will continue to not know about. He doesn't want to know what will happen when George finds out that he has romantic feelings for him, let alone the fact that Dream is bisexual.

For now he's content with jokingly flirting with George. He hopes the day George realizes that it's never been a joke for Dream never comes. He wants to be able to do this freely without worrying about how George may react. But it's not like Dream doesn't already pay attention to the way George reacts. Of course he does. He wants to make sure that he doesn't accidentally cross any boundaries or step too far over the line. One of Dream's biggest fears is that one day he will make George uncomfortable with his flirting and will eventually lose him as a best friend. That is the exact opposite of what he wants.