Chapter Three: I'll Pull Up Each Of Our Anchors

"Do you have any plans for your birthday?"

It has been two days since Dream received that text. It was currently Dream's birthday, so he was doing a stream with Sapnap as a 'birthday special'. He had also asked George to join, but hadn't gotten a text back. Now that Dream thinks about it, he hasn't gotten a reply to any of his texts that he sent in the past fourteen hours.

Dream assumed that he was just sleeping since George had stayed up late with him for the past few days. George must have been tired from all the late nights, staying up until after the sun rose just to speak with Dream on call whenever he couldn't sleep.

However, something seemed a bit off about George recently. He seemed a bit more antsy and nervous whenever he and Dream were alone in a call. Dream brushed it off just as George being George, but he couldn't help but think about it when he was laying in bed at the end of the day.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I've been busy with something, but I'm here now. What's up?"

The text notification popped up on Dream's lockscreen, causing him to scramble to pick up his phone. "I'm so sorry, guys. I have to go make an important phone call real quick." Dream clicked open OBS studio and switched to his 'Be Right Back' screen, muting himself both on stream and on discord.

Dream didn't hesitate to facetime George, immediately turning his phone so his camera pointed to his ceiling. He heard his phone ring a few times before George finally picked up. Dream's eyebrows knitted in confusion as he analyzed what he saw on his screen.

"Why are you in a car, George?"

"Wow, don't even let me speak before you question me. I'm just on my way home from something." Dream watched as George's face turned away from his camera to look out of the window by his head.

"Shouldn't you be watching the road instead of talking to me?"

"You're the one that called me, Dream. Besides, I'm in an uber. It's fine."

Dream bit his lip and nodded even though he knew that George couldn't see it. Then an idea popped into his head. Dream made sure George wasn't looking as Dream moved his phone so that it showed his dirty blonde hair and part of his forehead.

Dream took in a quick breath before pulling his phone back so it would show his entire face. He looked everywhere but his phone as he contemplated on whether or not he should try and get George's attention. Before Dream could decide on what he wanted to do, his mouth moved on its own. "George?"

"Yeah, Dream?" George didn't move his gaze to look at his phone, causing Dream to sigh.

"Can you look at me? I want to show you something."

George rolled his eyes, turning his face to look at his phone. "What do you want, Dream? I was-" George cut his own words off, a hand moving to cover his mouth, his eyes narrowing as he studied what he saw.

Dream laughed nervously, looking away from his camera and rubbing the back of his neck. Dream was already nervous about the whole situation and George's silence didn't help. He wished that he had mind reading powers so that he knew what George was thinking right now.

George seemed to be shook out of his daze, looking up over his phone then going back to looking at Dream. "I'm so sorry, Dream. But I have to go real quick. I'll call you back later, okay? And remember that your birthday present is supposed to arrive sometime soon. See you!" George's words were rushed and before Dream could get a word out, George had hung up on him.

Dream groaned, running a hand down his face and placing his phone into the front pocket of his hoodie. Dream was about to head to his kitchen to get a glass of water in order to try and calm down his nerves as he heard a knock at his front door.