The Early Years

Sunlight illuminated the small, cozy cottage which rested several feet away from him in the vast, purple medow. As flowers and weeds crunched under the weight of his horses hooves, Loki couldn't help but feel his heart grow warm with thoughts of seeing his family again.
The closer he grew, the louder the sound of distant movement inside the cottage became. The noises grew louder and closer, until the door flung open, only to reveal the small, happy face of someone Loki had longed to see.

"Father! You're back!"

Loki's smile only grew, and he quickly jumped off of his horses back, and threw his arms open as he watched the small child run up to him, happy tears beginning to fall from her blue orbs.

"Come here Enola!"

Mixed with the sounds of his own overjoyed sobs, his plea sounded oh so desperate. While away he would often cast illusions to remind himself of his true home, but each time he did, the phantoms only seemed to haunt him more and more. They only made the longing inside his heart grow, along with the need to be back where he truly belonged.
Enola crashed into her fathers arms, gently laughing into his shoulder as he fell to his knees. As he held his child close, he raised his hand to cup her small head, as he placed a kiss on her forehead. He hadn't known for sure how long he'd been away this time, but he did notice that her hair had grown past her shoulders, and she had grown a few extra feet since the last time he had held her in his arms.

"I missed you so much father!"

Loki starred down into the crystal blue eyes of his child, and smiled. Both of their tears had long been dried to their cheeks, as Loki let out a small chuckle and rose to his feet, gently tossing Enola in the air as he did so.

"And I missed you my dear little starfire."
"How was the palace father?"

Loki chuckled.

"It was the same as always my dear."
"When can I go see it too?"

Loki smirked down at Enola, and moved a stray strand of black hair from her eyes.

"Soon enough my dear. I wouldn't keep you from your future throne, now would I?"

Enola began to giggle, as the door of the cottage opened yet again. Loki stopped dead in his tracks, and starred up at the porch of his home, his heart rate increasing ever so slightly with each passing second. Enola jumped from his arms with a bright grin.

"Mother!"

Loki licked his lips, as a bright smile crept onto his face.

"..Hello Sigyn."

He carefully walked up the steps of his home, as though if he applied too much pressure to the wood beneath him the whole structure would come crashing down.
He stopped at the second to last step, making himself eye level with the woman infront of him. He starred at her with nothing but pure adoration in his eyes; an adoration which she wholeheartedly returned.
He lifted his hand to move a stray strand of blonde hair from her blue eyes- the same blue eyes which their child shared. Loki rested his hand on her cheek, and began to rub comforting circles on the soft, warm skin.

"I missed you so much my darling."

Sigyn sighed, as she heard Enola run into the house. She placed her hand atop Loki's, as he eyes slowly began to scan the ground.

"You were gone for far too long this time Loki."
"Darling, I-"
"You must realize that soon you will have to decide where your loyalites truly lie."

Loki felt an all too familiar pain go through his heart at her words. With a deep sigh, he made his way closer to Sigyn until they were toe to toe. He moved his hand from her cheek to her chin, and used his fingers to gently lift her face.
He looked into her eyes, and seen waves of uncertainty. Her beautiful orbs were clouded with greif, pain, and doubt, all of which he knew were only caused by his doing.
And yet, through the darkness, Loki still managed to find the light. The light in Sigyns eyes- the light which Loki knew could guide him through the fiercest storms- still hadn't gone out.
And therefore, Loki still had hope.