Return Of The King

The air was thick as Enola and Loki walked through the halls of the palace, more tension building with each and every step the pair took. Enola looked to their hands as they walked, the sight of their father, eyes red as blood with skin as blue as an icy death, never leaving their mind.
Why? Why would he help the Jotuns into Asgard? Just because he was one, didn't mean he had to help them. It didn't mean he had to play the villian.
Suddenly, Loki stopped dead in his tracks and turned to Enola, a small smile on his lips.

"Enola, darling, do you know where your grandmother is?"

Enola's mouth slowly opened, as they slightly tilted their head.

"I- Yes, she's with Odin. Why?"
"Good, I need you to stay with her for a short while. Could you do that?"

Loki smiled to himself at his childs confused expression.
If only he could tell them everything.

"Yes, but what's going on, Father? Whatever's happening, I want to-"
"You'll find out soon enough, darling."

At that Loki turned towards the throne room, leaving Enola alone and confused, until they slowly walked off to find their grandmother.
As they made their way through the halls of the palace, they began stroking the fur of the coat around their shoulders, completely forgetting it had rested there.
How were they going to keep their curse hidden? Fandral was the closest thing Enola had to a friend in the entirety of the palace they called home, and she knew he wouldn't exactly take kindly to discovering her true heritage. 
Most likely, they would find themself alone yet again.
They quickly found the room which held their grandmother, and found her sitting in the same spot she normally was, at Odins side.
Enola only stood in the doorway not wanting to make their apperance known, until it was done for them.

"Hello there, Enola."

Enola's jaw opened then fell, as they searched for what to say.

"I.. Father told me to find you."

Frigga smiled brightly at Enola, as she slowly made her way into the room.

"And I'm glad he did."

Enola and Frigga stayed in a comfortable silence, as Enola slowly began to walk around the room. Circling Odin as a vulture circles a carcass.

"Your thoughts plague you, don't they dear?"

Enola's head snapped to their grandmother, as they began fidgeting with their, now sweaty, hands.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Frigga shook her head.

"Enola, dear, you're a talented liar, but you'll have to try harder in order to fool me."

Enola continued to pace back and forth at Odins side, pushing their hair from their eyes as they felt their hands begin to shake.

'Stop. It's not that bad- You're overreacting.'
"I just haven't been sleeping well lately."

Frigga sighed, as she rose from her seat. She placed a comforting hand at Enola's shoulder, ceasing their movements.

"Enola, I know you're scared and confused."

Enola's breath hitched in their throat, as they slowly turned to their grandmother with an unreadable expression.

"But, you don't have to face this alone. You have people to talk to, people who love you unconditionally. You know that, don't you?"
'I would surely love to see it.'
"I know."

Yet again a silence filled the room, but this one Enola didn't mind. Silences with Frigga were never uncomfortable, in fact, they were peaceful.
But that silence was soon replaced with a far more horiffic sound, as the door began freezing from the outside. Enola and Frigga looked to each other, as they both drew their weapons.
The door opened, revealing their fears to be a reality. Outside the door, stood Frostgiants, one of which being Laufey, the king. They looked to the pair, their eyes lingering on Enola, before turning their attention to the man in bed. A devilish smirk crossed Laufeys lips, as he slowly stalked towards the bed. Frigga lifted her blade, prepared to fight. She struck one giant to the side, leaving Enola to finish it with their own blades, before Frigga was knocked to the ground with a loud grunt by none other than Laufey himself.
Enola seen their grandmother, lying on the ground, and an unknown rage unleashed itself from deep inside of them. They pointed their blade to Laufey, the king, with one hand, as the other quickly began glowing with a teal magic.