Short story, Death included

She forced her eyes open as she pulled herself from off the floor, she lifted a shaky hand to her head in an attempt to numb the pounding headache. Blue-green eyes scanning the room for any answer why she laid there. The room she stood in was piercing white, everything around her was glowing. She squinted her eyes from the blinding light. A grunt escaped her lips as she dusted herself off.

"Ugh, what the hell? Hello? Hello!"

She called into the abyss with hope for a reply, she heard many voices but they didn't call back. With no results, she started walking forwards. The further she goes, the more colour she saw. A beautiful landscape pixels into existence. She repeated her cry for help until she heard a voice.

"Halt to seek guidance, I hear your pleas, stand before me thus you may receive what you require," In shock at the unexpected response, she obeyed. The voice was strangely calming, despite its ominous facade.

"What is this? Where am I?" The voice called back kindly.

"This is your mind, whatever you think of, it may be so." the girl scoffed.

"If this is my mind, then who are you?" The voice formed in front of her in human form, taking the girl by surprise. The man, surprising enough was tall, and had striking features, most of which made him easy on the eyes.

"I'm your guide, sweetheart. I take you places too and fro, wherever you go, I follow." The girl giggled.

"You are a charming one at that, but if I can just think things up, why can't I remember what happened before this? And where are all those voices coming from?" The man didn't say anything to that, only ignoring her question and moving on.

"This wonderful paradise you created is absolutely marvellous darling! However did you think it up?" The girl stammered from the man's flattery and in her own confusion.

"I-I dont know, one second I was in a weird room, the next I'm laying in a white abyss, I don't really understand anything." The man's face fell into a pout, then lifted again with a twinkle in his eye.

"If it'll cheer you up, would you like to go on, say a picnic date with me?" The girl shied away and tucked a stray strand of dirty blond hair behind her ear, then looked back up at the man with a big smile.

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt," the pair set off walking through the girl's imagination, seeing new things and places appear. They came across a beautiful scene where the sun met the sea, and a blanket was set out on the sand. The man made a chef's kiss with his hand once he saw the beautiful daydream.

"My, you have an elegant taste darling, "

"Why thank you, sir,'' she added by fake curtsying and a delicate smile plastered on her face. She walked over to the blanket and sat down.

"Thirsty?" The man smirked and cocked his head to the side, confused.

"I guess I could go for a nice champagne," and with a wave of the girl's hand, she summoned a bottle and two glasses appeared on the blanket in front of them. He popped open the bottle and poured their drinks. The girl became curious about the man's sudden appearance and wondered.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I caught your name," The man looked up from his drink to look at the woman and smirked.

"Death, sweetheart, I am Death." The woman dropped her drink spilling it over herself.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Death laughed at her shock and slid himself closer to the woman.

 "It's inevitable darling," he silently dragged his own hand up to her face, manipulating her affectionately. Without her own consent, she leaned into his touch, he pulled her closer, making the woman feel his hot breath on her neck. She felt shivers crawl down her spine. Then it happened, Death finally closed the distance and the two were joined. The kiss felt hot and sensual. Without the woman knowing, Death drew his hand to her back and a black mist floated above his hand and a dagger appeared. In a split second the moment that was once filled with a burning passion now was filled with blood-curdling screams. The woman broke the kiss with her gasping for air and blood escaping her body. The sharp blade cut through her back, the hot searing pain almost too much for the woman to take.

"It was a lovely time darling, sorry it had to end so abruptly." The words dripped off his tongue like poison. She looked at him for the last time with pain in her heart and hate in her eyes.

"You son of a b-" she was cut off by him sliding the dagger upwards. He mockingly clicked his tongue.

"No harsh words sweetheart, it simply isn't proper." He kissed her now dead body once more to seal his triumph.