Part 11

Listen. It's been a rough year. For all of us, I think. But hey! I have not completely given up on this story! In fact I'm determined to finish it. Hopefully quite quickly. So if you're feeling down, I hope this update brings you joy.

Slight smut warning for this one! There might be smut warnings for all future chapters. I'm a whore, what can I say?

Anyway, onward and upward!

Oh, and I'll be publishing part 12 soon as well. Just doing the finishing touches on it. Happy reading, my lovelies ;)

The sun hadn't quite risen over the horizon to the east, though the lavender pre-dawn light still leaked through the curtains, providing a gentle illumination to the room as you opened your eyes that morning. It took a moment to orient yourself, at first not recognizing your surroundings. Once certain sensations registered in your mind--the weight of an arm around your waist, the press of a chest against your back, the light breath that stirred the hair at your nape, and the pair of lips barely touching the back of your neck--your body warmed and your eyelids fluttered. Memories of last night flooded your mind, and you released a shaky breath. Your heart beat rapidly recalling the words of love and devotion confessed by the both of you, but your core felt warm and sensitive recalling Yoongi's touch. You pressed your thighs together as discreetly as possible, craving the way his mouth had sucked on your skin, the way his strong pianist's hands gripped you, the way he fucked you into the mattress--

The lips on the back of your neck shifted, the sound of an inhale in your ear, and you froze, startled from your train of thought as Yoongi began to stir. You attempted to calm your racing heart, trying not to let your thoughts be so damn obvious.

"Mmm, good morning, love," Yoongi mumbled lowly, his voice still coated with fatigue. It was cute and made you smile.

"Good morning, Yoongi," you responded fondly, your hand lowering over his own where it rested on your ribcage.

"What have I been missing all my life?" he wondered aloud, cuddling further into your back. "Waking up to a beautiful naked woman in my arms--I never knew it could feel this wonderful."

You couldn't help but giggle, brushing your thumb over his knuckles. "I mean, I've never woken up with a statuesque vampire pressed into my body, so I could get used to this, too."

"Statuesque..." He chuckled, his laughter shaking his chest against you. "Your flattery is amusing and appreciated."

"Mmmm," you mused.

There was a comfortable beat of silence, with just the sound of your breathing and the sensation of his skin on yours...

"Even without the flattery of your words," he murmured, his mouth shifting to trace the line of your neck, sloping down to your shoulder, "the reaction of your body to me right now is more than enough."

You froze, halting the caress of your hand on his. "I--what?"

"You know, your lover is a vampire," he said, moving his hand from your waist to circle around your thigh. "You realize that I can smell you quite keenly, don't you?"

Your face reddened as you realized of course, of course he knew. You'd been a fool to assume otherwise. "Yoongi," you whispered, trembling.

"Your attempt to hide it was cute. I'll give you credit for trying." He lifted your leg and spread you wide, and it embarrassed you how completely exposed you were in that moment, because even you could smell the headiness of your sex. Yoongi bit your shoulder lightly, growling into your skin. "Your scent is maddening."