Part 5

Part 5

Y/N POV

The scent of aged paper surrounded you as you woke up in the early morning. Upon first instinct you could tell this wasn't your room, and as you opened your eyes you tried to make sense of where it is you were exactly. You tried to lift your hands up to your face to rub your eyes but one of them was caught. You looked over and nearly jumped at Yoongi's face right in front of yours. His fingers were intertwined with yours. You didn't know how to react at first. It was the first time you'd seen him in three days. And considering everything, he looked.... well, lovely. His cheeks had the teeniest bit of color, there were no dark circles under his eyes, and his forehead was smooth and free of worry lines. He looked so peaceful in sleep, his long, wispy eyelashes brushing his cheekbones and his mouth slightly parted in a soft pout. He looked... adorable. The texture of his strong, dexterous hand in yours was a new sensation. Not an unwelcome one by any means. It made your face feel a little warm—you were sure your cheeks were pink. His hands were so beautiful—long, skinny fingers with taut veins lacing them. He had an artist's hands. Tentatively, you let your thumb stroke along one of those veins, and you swallowed.

His hand flexed around yours, and your eyes flicked up in panic. His deep, dark pupils were staring back at you. Breathing halted for a moment. You weren't sure what to do. Your first instinct was to pull away, but his gaze seized you. You were like a deer in headlights. You couldn't look away, even if you wanted to...

Swallowing, you finally broke the silence. "Hi," you whispered.

He smiled. Smiled. "Hello, my dear."

The term of endearment he always used for you now sounded like a song. "Yoongi... what are you doing? I thought... I mean, you've been so distant."

He frowned then, dropping his gaze, releasing you from the power of his stare. You finally were able to gently pull away your hand from his. He didn't notice much, only sat up himself. "I know. I'm sorry. I... I know it's been hard for you. It was unfair of me to cut you off like that."

Although you didn't find that he needed to apologize for anything—you understood, truly—you accepted his words with a nod in order to escape the possibility of him repeating the apology insistently. Folding your hands in your lap, you offered, "It was hard for you, too, Yoongi."

He shook his head. "It's not an excuse. I've behaved childishly."

"It's not childish," you argued. You sighed. "I understand. I do. You don't have to try to convince me otherwise. I know." Your eyes flicked over to the piano briefly.

His gaze followed yours, and he nodded. Slowly. "...Yes. You played, didn't you?"

Cheeks reddening in shame, you lowered your head. "I'm sorry. I know you don't like me to touch it without your approval."

"Honestly, at this point, that's kind of silly of me," he said. "It's as much yours as it is mine."

You blinked. This was particularly out of character for him. Yoongi was a very strict person by nature. His lack of enforcement on one of his most basic rules was, in a word, shocking.

He seemed to sense the awkward silence following his comment, and he stood from the bed, folding his hands in front of him. "I apologize for the mess in here. I don't suppose that it was a very welcoming sight. I should, uh... I should get to work on all of this."

You stood as well. "I can help you, if you would like me to."

You expected him to say no, but he smiled again and nodded. "Sure. If you would like." He looked up and snapped a finger, a thought seeming to come to his head. "I need to grab some disinfectant wipes. The blood has to be cleaned up first."