Part 4

Part 4

Y/N POV

School the following Monday was torturously long. You weren't able to focus at all. Yoongi hadn't come out of his room since your birthday. The only contact anyone had had with him was Namjoon when he brought a serving of blood to him, to further ensure his strength was replenished.

You cornered him after he returned, highly inquisitive. "So? What happened? How is he?"

"I don't know if you want the answer, Y/N." Namjoon's face was lined with doubt.

"Please. I don't care what you have to say. I just need to know how he's doing." Your hands were clasped in front of your chest, your anxiety over his answer high.

He sighed before lowering his gaze to the ground. "Distraught. He looks horrible. His room is a mess. Not that his room was very organized to begin with, but it's so much worse. Music sheets have been thrown everywhere. He threw a lamp against the wall and left it shattered on the ground. I don't think he's slept since the incident. His eyes look incredibly heavy, and his complexion is sickly pale. I've never seen him look so weak, or so angry. So sad. He pretends to be apathetic, Y/N, but in truth he's probably the most tenderhearted out of all of us. Which means when something painful happens to him, the side effects are much more intense. He only accepted my company for the blood, because he knows better, but other than that he wished me gone as soon as I came. He will see no one, Y/N. For the time being, it would be in your best interest to stay away from him."

Color drained from your face as you listened, and your hands began to tremble with worry as they rested against your chest. Yoongi never showed weakness in front of you. He was always strict, headstrong, and straightforward. Moments you'd shared together where he smiled or laughed were rare, but you still shared them. That wasn't weakness though. It was through all of it combining to his constant attentiveness to you that showed you that he cared. You knew he wasn't heartless, like your uncles thought. He wasn't blindsided, or apathetic, like your mother thought. But you were still so distraught by this new side of him, a side you hadn't expected. He was so... lost.

"When can I see him?" you asked after a moment.

"I don't know. Like I said, he's never been this... extreme. He's also an immortal being. Time is relative to him. It could be a very, very long time."

"At least give me a time frame," you begged. "A wild guess. You know him, Namjoon. Better than I ever will."

He gave a soft smile. "It's a nice thought. I somehow doubt it's true, though." Before you could question what he meant exactly, he sighed and continued to answer your question. "Maybe a couple weeks? A month? He's always been very persistent and stubborn. Even though his strength will be back to normal in a couple hours, his pride has gotten the better of him. Human or supernatural, a man's pride is everything."

Somehow, you had a feeling this was more than a pride thing.

Namjoon looked at you with sympathy. "Things will be just fine. Don't worry."

"I hope so."

Namjoon inclined his head to her before leaving, and you looked down to the end of the hall where Yoongi's room was located. Almost certain he was listening, you looked down the hall after Namjoon to make sure he was gone before you crept up to the grand double doors almost twice your height. Your heart was erratic, and no matter how much you tried to control your breathing, it was uneven. He knew you were there. You were certain of that. But then, that was kind of the point.

You raised a trembling hand and hesitated before pressing it against the cold glossy wood. You closed your eyes and took a shaky breath. "Yoongi..."