Period Pains

For DaneetheRockstar <33

First of all, trans mass. Second, if I have absolutely horrid cramps then he does too.

------------

 Cali woke up early this morning for once. Well, maybe not early, its nearly 10 o'clock but this weekend nearly everyone had been out late at night. As far as he can tell, he's the first one awake.

 The sleepy state stretches before heading down to the kitchen, he needs breakfast. Yogurt sounds good, last time he checked they still had a tub left. Cali gets downstairs and is about to make his food when he hears a soft groan from the living room.

 Well that can't be anything good.

 He hesitantly walks away from his still empty bowl on the counter and peaks his head around the corner. Someone's laying on the couch, curled up in fetal position and facing the couch's back. All he can see is that they're still in a pair of fluffy pajama pants and an old looking T-shirt, and that their mop of hair is a tangled mess, so they probably just got up. The concerning bit, and what makes him walk over to the couch, is the very audibly labored breathing along with occasional quiet whimpers and moans.

 Once Cali gets closer he can recognize the mystery state as Mass. Mass, who's never out in the house wearing pajamas, Mass who hates being in the living room around this time of day because of how many people show up, Mass who should be holding a cup of Dunkin's coffee by now. That Mass is curled up on the couch in a little ball, at 10am, sounding to be in some kind of pain. "...Massachusetts? Are you okay?"

 "Mm," Mass didn't move from his spot or answer the question, only slightly humming to acknowledge Cali being there. Why wasn't he being told to fuck off? What kind of witchcraft is this? Is Mass dying?

 Taking that as a bad sign, he sits next to the smaller state, first checking Mass' temperature with a hand to his forehead. "Well, you don't have a fever." He feels fine, slightly cold if anything but Cali runs hot so its probably just the heat difference in climates.

Mass huffs, "I know that," his voice sounds strained and there was a lack of an insult at the end of that statement. Cali is officially concerned.

"Then what's wrong? You don't look or sound too good."

"Its just cramps, 'm fine." He is not fine, he feels like he's dying. Luckily, Cali doesn't believe him for a second, though he does miss the mark just a bit, "You are not fine, and what do you mean 'just cramps' what were you doing that would make you cramp this bad?"

 Oh yeah, no one knows. Hm, well, he'd certainly care more if he wasn't suffering but seeing as he is, in fact, suffering, outing himself isn't something he can manage to give a fuck about. He's only closeted because he doesn't want the annoying bastards to know any more private information on him than necessary, he's not worried about how anyone would react, seeing as their opinions don't mean shit. It'll be fine.

 "No, period cramps."

 Cali takes about two seconds to process that information before it clicks, "oh,"
When it does, he quickly decides he's not gonna bug Mass about it and use this newfound knowledge to help. 

 "Can you move?"

 Mass sighs, "No."

"Okay, just give me a second, I'll be right back." With that, Cali gets up off the couch and disappears through the door. Mass sighs again and tries to relax on the couch before immediately tensing back up and curling up even more, relaxing is moving and that is not fun at the moment. It feels like someone's stabbed him and twisted the knife, he knows logically that he'll be fine but this is probably what dying feels like.